harmonic technology ac-11 power cord with the ray samuels raptor headphone otl amp
Jul 1, 2012 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

buson160man

1000+ Head-Fier
 I have recently purchased a new harmonic technology ac-11 power cord with the latest connectors from furutech.The new cord has further elevated my opinoin of this amp.I have had this amp for over two and a half years and it has never sounded better.The new harmonic tech cord makes the amp more dimensional.The bass is more powerful and better defined as well.In fact the amp sounds more powerful as a whole seeming to need less volume to obtain a certain volume level.The amp also has better transparency with the new cord. The sound of recordings  having much better clarity.
 My previous reservations about the amps capability to drive my akg 701 have been eliminated.The amp works very well with the 701s.They sound more powerful now in the bass.The amp drives the phones with no sense of strain at the 10 oclock position on the volume knob.The akgs are fairly dimensional with this amplifier having less of that inside the head sound that some headphones have.Even the audezes seem to have more of that effect than the akgs.But of course in other aspests they are clearly superioe sounding.
 I will be listening to my 701s more at least for the near future.My respect for that design has also been elevated with the improvement realized by the harmonic tech ac-11 pwer cord on my raptor otl amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back