Happy Australia Day! 26th January.
Jan 25, 2007 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

3lusiv3

Headphoneus Supremus
This country is the best place to live on earth. I love the freedom, I love multiculturalism, and I love the opportunities. This is my 4WD on one of our outback trips:

f10300130aa.jpg

http://www.australiaday.gov.au
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Day

Jan 25, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 23
I miss Australia, I'll be back in a couple weeks though! Can't wait. Uni is going to be awesome...

Jan 25, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 23
Best regards to our ex-colonies on this national holiday day ;p Although I personally prefer cosmopolitanism to multiculturalism.

Jan 25, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best regards to our ex-colonies on this national holiday day ;p Although I personally prefer cosmopolitanism to multiculturalism.

Take a trip to Sydney lol

Jan 25, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #6 of 23
Nearly everyone on my dads side is living in Australia or has a house there. My family almost migrated there too, when I was born, but my dad found a stable job here and decided to stay
frown.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatMACHI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im also heading back to aus, 3 more days here in Manilla. I usually love the place, im hating it atm for them not allowing my gf back -_-''

Watcha doing in Manila?

Jan 25, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I personally prefer cosmopolitanism to multiculturalism.

Australia is one of the most cosmopolitan countries on earth! Most of us live in cities.

Jan 25, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #11 of 23
Struth! A fairdinkum grand day indeed for a grand old girl. I remember being down in Tumba-bloddy-rumba shooting kanga-bloody-roos takingin the great outback as the billy boiled ......

OK I never really got to the outback but I did play with dolphins in the waves in Booti-Booti somewhere notrth of Sydney. I spent 6,7,and 8th grade in Sydney, and learned to sail 505s in sight of the Opera House (it was still being built back then---'68-'71). If I had to live somewhere other than the US, it would be Australia. I love the wide open feel, and rough and tumble, straght forward attitude of the people. I didn't like getting caned as a kid when I acted like an ass, though. OTOH, filling the sinks in the chemistry room with coal gas and enjoying the ball of flame then available at the flick of a match was a little out of line.

We are going to be working on developing a limited dealer network worldwide and Australia's on the list. So, sometime in the next two years I'll likely be making the trip down under---and I'm so looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back