Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Jul 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #151 of 4,588
I wonder if I add the xmos XU208 F1 to link with coax input of this modi multibit will it bettered the m9xx I have now!!!?? Or a regular gumby without F1.

Nevermind just bought both today, will find out myself :)

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #155 of 4,588
Just got my Modi MB in the mail today (ordered last Saturday). Great service, as usual. Will plug it in this evening.

How did you order it on Saturday? Didn't it just release Monday?

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #157 of 4,588
Too bad my order was cancelled as they thought it was flaudulent, can't blame them though, I was ordering with my Indonesian credit card and send it to my US Shipito address. Not sure to be sad or happy about it, as that made me rethinking of the purchase a bit (sort of impulse clicking that time). I guess I'll wait to read for some review before reordering again, this time straight to my address. :)

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #158 of 4,588
Too bad my order was cancelled as they thought it was flaudulent, can't blame them though, I was ordering with my Indonesian credit card and send it to my US Shipito address. Not sure to be sad or happy about it, as that made me rethinking of the purchase a bit (sort of impulse clicking that time). I guess I'll wait to read for some review before reordering again, this time straight to my address.
smily_headphones1.gif

In situations like yours, I seem to recall Jason saying that if you use PayPal it reduces their risk, but I could be remembering wrong.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #159 of 4,588
In situations like yours, I seem to recall Jason saying that if you use PayPal it reduces their risk, but I could be remembering wrong.

Yeah, they recommend using Paypal on my next order. The only thing with Paypal is I can't send it to my Shipito address, to which I could combine my other purchase to single package and save overall shipping cost with multiple items. Anyway, I think I'll order again later, holding off for now to read some more reviews. :D

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #160 of 4,588

1.5 to 2 is a 33% increase (difference / initial value) = (0.5 / 1.5) = 0.33 = 33%

OK.  Difference / initial value.  Got it.  Thanks!

Jul 28, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #162 of 4,588
It would be interesting to know (has anyone had the time to test yet?) if the new Modi Multibit needs a lot of warm up time to sound its best?

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #164 of 4,588
Confession: ever since I got my Modi 2 uber 4490 last month, I haven't turned it off. I assume the electrical cost is negligible judging by how small and cool it runs but I actually haven't looked into it. It's nice not having to wait for it to warm up.

Jul 28, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #165 of 4,588
The weakest link is the supplied power supply i guess, anyone thinking of alternatives power? Ifi DC ipurifier or just a r-core or toroidal transformer LPS that have EMI filter suppressing RFI noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back