Hamilton 'Canadian' meet (July 8, 2006)
Jul 14, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #211 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I don't know, I don't like the design of grados, to me they are flimsy and they aren't build very solid, the cups for example move, and I don't like how the pads feel on my head. I much prefer the beyerdyanmics, akgs and sennheisers.

You either love or hate the grado sound. If you're a Grado-head, everything else can be overlooked. Because in the end it's the sound that matters.

Jul 14, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #212 of 247
they only thing hf1's share in common with 225's is the outer plastic cup and head band as far as anyone knows... grado is secretive about it's techniques at modding the drivers, so even if the driver was some form of the 225 driver, it sounds very very different in nature.

Jul 14, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #213 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
You either love or hate the grado sound. If you're a Grado-head, everything else can be overlooked. Because in the end it's the sound that matters.

I have always ranked comfort as #1. If I can't wear a pair of headphones for 10+ hours without total comfort and no annoyances, I will not buy the pair. I know it sounds stupid, but I use my headphones all day.

Jul 14, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #214 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
they only thing hf1's share in common with 225's is the outer plastic cup and head band as far as anyone knows... grado is secretive about it's techniques at modding the drivers, so even if the driver was some form of the 225 driver, it sounds very very different in nature.

Really? Because I honestly remember them sounding very similar. Well I guess as similar as the 225 and 325, so perhaps I just don't have an ear for grado differences.

Jul 14, 2006 at 11:15 AM Post #215 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Really? Because I honestly remember them sounding very similar. Well I guess as similar as the 225 and 325, so perhaps I just don't have an ear for grado differences.

LOL if you think the 225 and 325 sound alike, then I guess you don't have a Greato ear.

Oh jeez that was bad.

Jul 14, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #216 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
They are a lot different than what you are used to... it is possible that you did not give them a long enough audition. Who knows though, it is quite apparent that we all hear differently. Hell, some of us are foolish enough to listen to all headphones with crossfeed on... even those that don't need it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Be warned: I'll be bugging you about positioning and seal the next time you try out my K340's. I get a little bit crazy when someone doesn't like them.

After reviewing the pictures I realize that I did not hear your classy looking K340's, but some green ones with white cable and a ‘professional’ plug. I think the cross feed switch was on anyways because they sounded odd, like out of phase or something.
blink.gif

So next time please introduce me to your beloved cans; I am really interested, especial after reading this thread:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...highlight=k340
and this: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...highlight=k340

Jul 14, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #219 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by kryss
Btw, what happened with aerius? For how long is he going to be banned?

You need to pm someone about that. Now to wait for your post and my post to be deleted my mods.

Biggie.

Jul 14, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #220 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
You need to pm someone about that. Now to wait for your post and my post to be deleted my mods.

Biggie.

Yeah, my posts got deleted too.

Notorious, where are you in Toronto anyway? And when / where did you get those ps-1's?
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #221 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Notorious, where are you in Toronto anyway? And when / where did you get those ps-1's?
biggrin.gif

I'm not making the mistake of telling you where I live.
wink.gif

I got those ps-1's about a year and a half ago from overseas. They are so old they don't even have a production # on them.

Biggie.

Jul 14, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #222 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
I'm not making the mistake of telling you where I live.
wink.gif

Smart move, as Jagwire seems to have a sudden interest in grado's and a lot of time on his hands
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 15, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #223 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
Smart move, as Jagwire seems to have a sudden interest in grado's and a lot of time on his hands
evil_smiley.gif

I will never buy a pair of grados, I've spent enough already.

Jul 17, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #224 of 247
Just wanted to thank you guys again for the shirt. I did some laundry at a campground and descided to wear it again at the New York Meet. Check out the pix. It was a lovely conversation starter. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back