HALO 2
Jan 19, 2006 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DJ Mauler

500+ Head-Fier
whats up guys
just post if you play HALO 2 for XBOX

and if you want leave your tag... always looking for cool people to play with and not some 12 yr old punk who thinks hes a tough guy for throwing out some bad words.

Jan 20, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 10
I do, but LAN parties only. Don't feel like paying for Live. Too many 12 year olds, as you said. And quite honestly, most of the friends I have with Live I'd rather not play with anyway.

When I get a 360 (I wasn't going to until I saw the Splinter Cell: Double Agent bit in OXM. My. God. I'm still waiting until it's moddable, though), I might get it, because they've added some quite cool stuff beyond just gaming.

Honestly, though, X-Link Kai is fine if you just want to game.

Jan 20, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 10
I'm in that nice spot - I don't suck, and I'm not insanely great. In most games, I'm at #3 or 4. So I don't have to be insanely competitive, and I don't get depressed after every game. There are a few I excel greatly at (No shields, pistols only, especially), and almost always get in the Top 3, if not 1 or 2.

Jan 20, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 10
No, shottie was awesome in Halo 1. As was the pistol. (scoped headshots, anyone?) They severely cut the power back. Now you actually have to, y'know, get in a believable range to hit them. Such a shame.

Jan 20, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 10
I play Halo 2 soley at LAN parties. I love the game, but can't play it at my house because my parents think that all game consoles are devil owned demon spawned time wasting brain rotting damn-you-to-hell-for-all-eternity devices.

Yet for some reason they don't seem to mind me playing Half Life 2 and America's Army on my PC, and they don't stop me from upgrading it (if I have the money) to play new games better. Strange...

Jan 20, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #8 of 10
Most days, my dorm will have a LAN game at lunch and then at 11PM or so. There are about ten guys who play, ranging from hopeless to superlatively good. I fall squarely in the middle.

I don't do Live, largely for the the reasons outlined above.

Jan 31, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #10 of 10
Went to a 16 player halo LAN on friday. Had an awesome time, and consumed an entire pizza. Perfect LAN experiance.
biggrin.gif

:edit: forum hiccuped on me, but I managed to avoid the dreaded double post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back