HA5000 too hot?
Aug 2, 2007 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tk3

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

Been running my HA5000 for awhile now, and I noticed that the unit gets quite hot after playing awhile.
I read in another thread that this is normal, but would you reckon (if you got experience with this) that it's "safe" to put another item on top of the amp (like a DAC), or would this cause the amp to overheat?

I'm a little worried about this, considering the ventilation holes located there.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Been running my HA5000 for awhile now, and I noticed that the unit gets quite hot after playing awhile.
I read in another thread that this is normal, but would you reckon (if you got experience with this) that it's "safe" to put another item on top of the amp (like a DAC), or would this cause the amp to overheat?

I'm a little worried about this, considering the ventilation holes located there.

if it's a mosfet or tube amp, they can get pretty hot. especially when they are biased in class A mode!

I use active cooling.

Never block any vantilation holes, they are there for a purpose!

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, that makes sense.
biggrin.gif

I'll just try to scrounge a small table somewhere to put the other items on then.
It would be more convenient to place it on top of the amp, but the prospect of melting the internals of a $1k amp does not seem so convenient after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back