ha 160 (or anything better in the 700 price range with) hd600s or k701s?
Jul 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

esppse

New Head-Fier
hey guys,

i read that a k701 and an ha160 combo sounds really good. but how does that compare to a hd600 and an ha160 combo?

as a music producer, i need something that can really give me the best detail possible and instrument separation.

and is there another amp (preferably mass produced) that can match the ha160 at its price range?

My soundcard and DAC is an RME Fireface UC (which i got for music recording instead of my audiophile recreations heh)

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 7
ooh might i add,

with my HD600s, the vocals in songs are more upfront when i plug it into a laptop, rather than the "veiled" vocals when i use the RME firefaces headphone output. I have no idea why.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
ooh might i add,

with my HD600s, the vocals in songs are more upfront when i plug it into a laptop, rather than the "veiled" vocals when i use the RME firefaces headphone output. I have no idea why.

The headphone output on the RME must be terrible if your laptop outputs beat it :p

The HA-160/HD600 is a great combo. It lends a sense of immediacy and presence to the HD600, bringing the presentation more 'forward', if that makes sense. What it doesn't do very well is create a sense of air and space. The burson's strong suit is its vibrancy, bass punch and overall PRaT factor.

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
hmm, i was sure that amp was right for me ahhh,

what amp would you recommend for that "air" and "space"? the hd600s already have lots of bass punch heh.

I'd say the HeadAmp GS-1 would probably be your best bet. A Woo Audio WA6 with the right tubes might achieve this, too.

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #7 of 7
Audio GD NFB-10 WM not that I owe them any favors recently (lets just say that my experience hasn't been trouble free)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back