GYBE
Jul 1, 2003 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

penvzila

500+ Head-Fier
I cant believe it has taken this long for me to discover Godspeed You Black Emperor. But, now that I have all their albums on mp3 and three cds coming in the mail, I can say that if I had discovered them earlier, they would be my all time favorite group. I would like to know more about bands that are similar to them, because these new sounds (For me) are awesome and I have until sept 22 to rock and roll with broadband.

Jul 1, 2003 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 4
Heh, 'bout time someone else found this great band. Well, their last album was pretty awful, but lift your skinny fists, and slow riot (technically an EP) were two wonderful albums. Even if they are ridicliously pretentious, and don't use plastic cases, they're still a great rock band

Jul 1, 2003 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
they're still a great rock band

Indeed.

Penvzila - Try checking out A Silver Mount Zion, a GYBE side project. Much more sombre and depressing. They had 2 album released so far. The album title is too long, I can't remember, I think the problem with post rock bands they always have weird band name and long album title.

Also in the line of GYBE, try checking out Labraford, Mogwai, Tortoise, Fly Pan Am and Stars of the Lid, Aerial M.

Happy hunting!

Jul 1, 2003 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Hisham
Indeed.

Penvzila - Try checking out A Silver Mount Zion, a GYBE side project. Much more sombre and depressing. They had 2 album released so far. The album title is too long, I can't remember, I think the problem with post rock bands they always have weird band name and long album title.

Also in the line of GYBE, try checking out Labraford, Mogwai, Tortoise, Fly Pan Am and Stars of the Lid, Aerial M.

Happy hunting!

What he said. All of the releases on Constellation records are basically GYBE side-project, and have at least some resemblance. Do Make Say Think, in particular, smell, to me, like GYBE stewed together for several hours. Re: is kind of weird though, can't recommend unless you're into the more experimental stuff. Hanged Up is basically drums/percussion and viola.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back