GUN OWNERS: Trigger Locks Aren't Safe
Dec 7, 2004 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
http://www.security.org

A friend of mine (and the owner of the aforementioned page) has figured out a way to open most trigger locks -- without damage -- and it's so simple an eleven year old can do it. Of course, if you're curious how it's done, the report is $3. (considering he's spent who knows how long doing the research and filming the demonstration videos -- that's cheap for a lawyer.)

Dec 7, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 8
it doesn't involve a bic does it?
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 8
I figured someone would eventually break 'em. That's why I don't believe in trigger locks. Educating your kids about gun safety will do loads more than just locking them away as forbidden fruit. Our guns were never locked when I was growing up, yet I never had any desire to get them out and play with them.

Not trying to turn this into a gun safety/control debate, but it needed some comments...

Dec 7, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 8
it seems that a lot of people have guns, which are forbidden in Canada, where I live. It just somehow reminds me of a quote in that 70s show:" you cant gimme a gun and expect me not to shoot it."
rolleyes.gif
this trick should be reported to gun lock manufacturers instead of being sold for 3 bucks to those small kids who wonder around the internet.

Dec 7, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
http://www.security.org

A friend of mine (and the owner of the aforementioned page) has figured out a way to open most trigger locks -- without damage -- and it's so simple an eleven year old can do it. Of course, if you're curious how it's done, the report is $3. (considering he's spent who knows how long doing the research and filming the demonstration videos -- that's cheap for a lawyer.)

Never underestimate 10 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back