GS1000i vs T1?
Feb 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

axelotl

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. Been lurking for a bit, completely new to the world of high end headphones.
So I have a decent amount of money I'm willing to drop on a pair right now.
I'm trying to decide between the gs1000i's or the T1's.
Any help?

Feb 18, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 9
What music styles do you listen to?
Any other listening eg. Movies gaming etc?
What is the dac/source you will use and the amp?
What headphones have you heard and was there something you enjoyed about them?
What is most important for you bass, midrange or treble or a specific amount of each?

List all of those and I can at least point you in a direction. I think at that price its better to be open minded if you are completely new to top end headphones, especially as you cannot be certain about your sonic preferences presumably.

I own the T1, HD800, lcd2, he500, alpha dog, JVC dx1000, Grado Bushmills, TH600, HD600, FA011LE for reference.

Feb 18, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 9
Ive owned and spent significant time with both headphones. For me, although the GS1000s are really great looking phones, I always preferred the PS500 over them. Until my recent purchase of the Audeze LCD-X, the T1s and PS500s were my favorite headphones for two years, and I still have both. The GS1k was the odd man out.

There is a growing number of Grado lovers who feel that the PS500s and RS-1s are Grados best overall offerings, so Id really encourage you to listen to one or both in addition to the GS1k.

The T1s are very comfortable and just do everything well. The Audezes have taken up a lot of my head time but ill never part with the T1s. (I'll also always have at least one pair of Grados around, too.)

Like eternal said, though, give us some more info on your goals and preferences.

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #4 of 9
Sorry about replying late, been out of internet access.
I listen to a rather wide range of music. Lately I've been held into more dance (catching up on some Armin van Buuren), but I do listen to a decent amount of classical, jazz, rock, occasionally trap, stuff like that.
I might use these for some gaming and some movies, but not on a frequent basis.
Since I have a generous budget at the moment, the Woo WA2's look like a pretty nice option. 
The only headphones that are worth mentioning that I've owned are the ath-esw9's, which I know aren't even close to the top of the line. As to the amount of bass/midrange/treble I don't know much. As to that, all I can say is that I haven't listened to much (more like listened to nothing). But since at the moment I seem to be in a sweet spot in monetary concerns, I'm worried that I won't get another shot at getting something great.
Thanks for the help.

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 9
  Sorry about replying late, been out of internet access.
I listen to a rather wide range of music. Lately I've been held into more dance (catching up on some Armin van Buuren), but I do listen to a decent amount of classical, jazz, rock, occasionally trap, stuff like that.
I might use these for some gaming and some movies, but not on a frequent basis.
Since I have a generous budget at the moment, the Woo WA2's look like a pretty nice option. 
The only headphones that are worth mentioning that I've owned are the ath-esw9's, which I know aren't even close to the top of the line. As to the amount of bass/midrange/treble I don't know much. As to that, all I can say is that I haven't listened to much (more like listened to nothing). But since at the moment I seem to be in a sweet spot in monetary concerns, I'm worried that I won't get another shot at getting something great.
Thanks for the help.

duplicate post

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Probably better to go with the Beyerdynamic T1 here. Electronic and trap are certainly not what the GS1000 are good at. They've been more of a classical thing, the T1 are also great at classical - the T1 does most genres really well. The GS1000 isn't that versatile, I'm not much of a fan of the grado tbh. The T1 is much more balanced the gs1000 is rather infamous for its unbalanced sound.

Someone might chime in how the WA2 goes for the T1. Dubstep Girl would be pretty knowledgeable here.

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 9

some kind of hiphop with loots of sub bass rumble

Oh okay, thanks man...in that case, NO WAY would I recommend the GS1ks for that. And believe me, I'm a huge Grado fan, so know that I'm just trying to offer good advice here. Between these two headphones, there's no question you want the T1s given your music preferences.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back