Grover UR latest update: mini review
Jul 20, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 14
Looks like another skeptical joins team grover
tongue.gif

Nice write up, eyeteeth. I wonder if durring your time A/Bing you noticed the UR-2 to be a tiny bit warmer then the origional UR also? I know I heard a change in my system, but I also have new speakers burning in.

Also, Grovers ICs are very good and I suspect they'll always be integrated into my system in one way or another, But I think his real masterpiece is his bi-wire pair of speaker cables. If your ATCs are bi-wireable, I suggest taking advantage of grovers no questions asked return policy and giving them a listen for yourself.

Jul 20, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 14
I will have to upgrade some of my vast Grover cable collection to UR-2 status. Grovers are an easy sell if you audition them in a revealing system, they will surpass much higher priced big name exoctic cables.

Right now I am working on getting both Bel Canto Dacs upgraded with R.A.M. (reference audio mod) packages.

As far as bi-wire I used to run two sets of speaker cables, but now I just use single cable set (Grover UR) and use silver wire jumpers.

Also home theater has been draining my wallet a bit with recent purchase of 57" Hitachi Ultravision TV.

Jul 20, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 14
I can't wait to break in the cables that Grover sent me and write a review... too bad I have zero free time at home now with the Condo move. Oh well, that will be over soon and I can again give myself over to my audio madness.
tongue.gif

Nice impressions eyeteeth.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 14
I recently decided to go balanced and my wallet ran away.
frown.gif

EDIT: It will be a while before I do though and I am writing a $100-$200 RCA cable shootout before I leave to the 'dark side'. Hopefully what I find there will help me choose my XLR cables.
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #9 of 14
ugh - damn, does that mean that i have to send in my (2 month old) URs for the 'new' ones now?
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
ugh - damn, does that mean that i have to send in my (2 month old) URs for the 'new' ones now?
frown.gif

Just for reference:
I believe Pigmode was first Head-Fi member to mention Grover cables several years ago.......the model back then was Grover II, here is the progression:

Grover --> Grover II --> Grover III --> Grover SR --> Grover SR II --> Grover UR --> Grover UR II
(not counting briefly available Grover/Wolff cable)

I started with Grover III and have kept at least two IC pairs upgraded to current model, thanks to cheap ugrade prices offered.
tongue.gif

I would be perfectly happy with UR model, but doesn't cost much to try/upgrade to UR II.

Jul 22, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
frown.gif

I'm wondering the same thing. I've had my present URs since early June and at the time Grover told me they were the new revision. Grover updates the cables often, so it's possible that there has been a revision since then. I would like to know for sure, though.

Jul 23, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJayBump
I'm wondering the same thing. I've had my present URs since early June and at the time Grover told me they were the new revision. Grover updates the cables often, so it's possible that there has been a revision since then. I would like to know for sure, though.

fwiw, i've already emailed grover. i'll let you know what he says when he gets back to me.

so please, everybody - do NOT email grover! i do not want him to be swamped by a red tide of head-fiers.

Jul 23, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #14 of 14
Heh, I'm still stuck at the Grover SRII, I think. I've been waiting for Grover to settle down before upgrading, but may have to jump in sometime soon with whatever model is current that month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back