Great IEMs with Strong BASS and SOUNDSTAGE under $200?
Sep 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #17 of 19
$100 for tips? Customs?

no, $100 is my estimate if you buy aftermarket cable to reduce microphonics and foam eartips for comfort.

http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/accessories/epic-replacement-cables/epic-pro-replacement-cables-64-inches-39.html
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Foam-SuperTips-Replacement-Kits/dp/B003TFEHLG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1379020215&sr=8-10&keywords=monster+supertips

So, $300 is the real price if you want real quality experience with TF10 ($250+ for like-new condition + another $100 for decent cable & eartips)
But for me, I didn't mind spending another $100 for cable+eartips when I got TF10 brand new years ago for just $99 (Thanksgiving USA special on Amazon).

Also,  I'm qualified to say that TF10's stock cables and eartips are just an afterthought. 
Back then, you really are paying just for the "Triple drivers" (actually, it's 2x low-freq. drivers and 1x high-freq. driver) in a universal housing package.

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #18 of 19
With the genres you listed as your preferences, I would go with the XBA-3 or the TDK BA200. With the tour, you have minimal instrument separation with a copious quantity of warm bass making the overall sound muddy. Something like the XBA-3 or the BA200, while not as hard hitting as the GR07 BE for hip hop, are nicer I think overall if you account for indie, jazz, and rock where well executed instrument separation are truly enjoyable.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #19 of 19
  +1 to the 7550 although the isolation isn't great, and they don't have iPhone controls.

OP says isolation is "not much of a concern" and microphone+iphone controls "would be great but not mandatory". 
I imagine OP will use his iem most of the time in a quiet office setting where you don't need complete isolation iem's

As for main concerns like comfort and honest sound requirements... Sony 7550's ticks those marks with a permanent marker
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back