Gramophone Subscription Ad: "Never miss an issue". Yeah Right!
Sep 6, 2003 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gergor

1000+ Head-Fier
I have been subscibing to Gramophone Magazine for over a year now. Recently I didn't receive my Sept. issue so I email the company about it, and basically they told me they missed some of the US subscriber last month (or was it just me). Opps, too bad, we don't have spare copies, well, we'll just extend your subscription for one month.

I'm really pissed. First, missing an issue thru subscription is totally not acceptable. Not missing an issue is the exact reason why I subscribed. Second it sounded like they knew they had a problem, yet they didn't notify me until I ask about it!
mad.gif

Sep 6, 2003 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 6
That does suck, unfortunately businesses are often run like that. If you didn't bother contacting them, they would have just had some extra proift. It does show their moral fiber pretty well though...

Sep 7, 2003 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 6
That's pretty offpissing, I'd make them give you one of their personal copies, if I could. What a bunch o' slackers.

Sep 7, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm surprised that they were unable (or unwilling) to spare me a copy.
frown.gif
Anyway, I made a trip to the bookstore yesterday and luckily found a copy (with the sample CD! most of the time the CD which comes with the magazine are "mysteriously" disappeared in the bookstores). Though I paid cover price for this one, it makes me feel better that I didn't miss an issue.

Sep 10, 2003 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 6
When I was in the magazine business, the biggest complaint we got from subscribers was that their magazines were arriving damaged.....sometimes unbelievably damaged. This was most often caused by the mailman jamming the mag into people's mailboxes....shredding the cover or worse in the process. We'd naturally complain to the post office, but nothing ever changed.

Some mags try to prevent this problem by shrinkwrapping or inserting the issue into an envelope, but when you are selling subscriptions at a reduced rate, and often sending out a subscription incentive item as well, separate packaging of issues is cost prohibitive.

Sep 10, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm well awared of the damaging power of mailmen. Most of the CD I bought were delivered damaged to various degree. Range from broken jewel case to cracked CD. Last week I had a package of 6 CDs delivered to me in a padded paper bag. Only 1 CD survived. The badly damaged ones were broken so bad that pieces would fall apart once the shrink-wrap was removed. I left notes to the postal officer before, but apparently it's only gotten worse.
frown.gif

Anyways, my problem with the magazine has nothing to do with the postal office, because they didn't even send out my copy!
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back