Grado's Overseas
Jul 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JonnySayer

Head-Fier
Today I went to order a pair of Grado SR80i's off Amazon.com although I live in the uk as the price is much less in the USA. Unfortunatly this item cannot be shipped to the UK from Amazon.com and I was wondering if there were any other places which ship them overseas or if someone is willing to buy them new and sell them over to me for a slightly increased cost.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Why not get the closest to the SR80i and just as good if not better (actually a Grado product)
If you purchase the Alessandro MS1's for $99 direct from Alessandro ,that includes shipping anywhere
in the world and these are pretty much the same as the SR 125's in SQ.

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 9
You know, I keep hearing people praise the Alessandro, and by all accounts it seems to be between the SR80 and SR125, but what happens when you need to enact your warranty?  Do you sent to Grado?  Or Alessandro?  I'm quite happy with my Grado's (I wanted to have an actual Grado) and I know I can send to them within warranty if something goes wrong.  Is it the same with the MS-1s?

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 9
I see myself some greengrocrer's apostrophes. Grados not Grado's. Anyway, you send them to Alessandro for support, and they've always been good to me. Free shipping too!

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 9
I have heard SR80i's are more fun whereas MS1's are more laid back. That's why I'd sooner have the Grado's.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 9
That doesn't mean that MS-1s are in any way laid back, they're just slightly more neutral than their Grado counterparts, still very fun, forward, and engaging.

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #7 of 9
Well to be honest some of my music is rock, but a lot of it is also quite calm stuff. Would this mean the MS 1's are better for me anyway? Or are there better alternatives?

Jul 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I have heard SR80i's are more fun whereas MS1's are more laid back. That's why I'd sooner have the Grado's.

The laid back comment would only be in comparison to Grados. The MS1 is still very fun, bright and punchyThe Grado just more so. Some find the lower end Grados harsh because of it.

You won't find a dealer who will ship out of the US. Grado won't let them. You best bet is used, or Alessandro, which are better value IMO, as I've seen the UK prices are they really are a shocker.

Jul 15, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #9 of 9
Well if the Allesandro's are supposed to be less harsh but still 'fun' I guess They do sound better, probably will invest in them instead! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back