Grado SR225e or SR325e
Jul 1, 2017 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

New Head-Fier
Hi all!

Recently I bought myself a Sony NW-A35 to play my lossless files on the go, and to replace my aging iPod Touch 4th gen which if I were to grade using Audiogon's scale, 4/10. The shop where I bought it from let me try out their headphones and hearing good things about Grado, I tried out everything in the Prestige Series except the SR60e.

I narrowed down my choices to the following:
Grado SR-225e
Grado SR-325e

Right now I'm leaning towards the latter but I don't know. I only had 3 minutes of listening time for each because my parents were telling me to hurry up so, would the extra money saved to go to the SR-325es be worth it? Or should I just save up my money and get the 225e? I already have a FiiO E17 if that helps, I just need to look for a FiiO L5.

Here are my music tastes:
-JPop (Love Live!, iDOLM@STER, RADWIMPS, One OK Rock, some Vocaloid, Utaite like Kano, AKB, Tokyo Performance Doll, Babymetal, Plasmagica, Anime OSTs)
-Classical Music and Orchestra music, Church organ music
-Traditional Japanese music
-Rock (Paramore, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Styx, Queen, )
-Acoustic songs
-The not-so-bass heavy side of modern popular music
-EDM, not so much on this. I'm planning on getting M40Xs for this. But my taste for this range from Happy Hardcore, Futurestep, Future Bass, Chillstep, Trance, House. In order of how much I listen to them.

Here are some samples if that will help!

Thank you!

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 4
Id opt for the 225e and save a few bucks,however im getting from your post that you want to use these HPs "on-the go".If thats the case I would scratch Grados,and all open backed HPs from your list and start looking for a closed back HP in your price range.

Open backed leaks too much sound,both out and in,which will make you turn up the volume which in turn will iritate people near you and damage your hearing.

If I misunderstood your post and you will be using the Grados from home,they are a good choice,especially for rock.Comfort and lack of sub bass can be an issue however.

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 4
My vote would be for the Grado sr225e. Take the extra money saved and get TTVJ Deluxe Pads for them.

I'll take your word for it :) Thank you!

Id opt for the 225e and save a few bucks,however im getting from your post that you want to use these HPs "on-the go".If thats the case I would scratch Grados,and all open backed HPs from your list and start looking for a closed back HP in your price range.

Open backed leaks too much sound,both out and in,which will make you turn up the volume which in turn will iritate people near you and damage your hearing.

If I misunderstood your post and you will be using the Grados from home,they are a good choice,especially for rock.Comfort and lack of sub bass can be an issue however.

I will be using them in indoor situations :)
I just use a DAP because I want to be able to take it with me around the house, and when I go on trips and I need my music in the hotel room :)
Also because I usually listen to music in my clubroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back