Grado RS2 Redesign?
Aug 9, 2007 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 353

MasiveMunkey

100+ Head-Fier
I just got some new rs2's from headroom and I just recently noticed that they are missing the little wooden circle in the center of the grill that says "rs-2" that I've see in all the pictures. Is this new or has the wooden circle been gone for awhile?
rs1smile.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 353
Egad!!!
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

post pics... thats one heck of a screw-up.

Nope, should have the logo buttons. Are you sure you didn't get an MS pro instead
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:43 AM Post #6 of 353
Grado QC just keeps amusing me. I don't want to be unfair and accuse them of things that I have no good reason to believe, but I find it a bit hard in my judgement to take for granted that they can manage to match drivers to 0.05db (!) on every pair of RS1/2 they produce and somehow forget to glue the button on... and it's not just the button, too, every few days there'd be a thread about Grado QC problems.

Anyway, I'm just saying...

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #7 of 353
seems pretty straight forward. I'm sure the person matching the drivers isn't hte person putting those drivers into the shells.

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #8 of 353
Hey! Looks as though they're starting to take my advice! I had suggested a couple of times that they should add the RS-2 to the Alessandro line-up since from the sound of things, they seem to fit right in!

Does it say "Music Series Three" on the pizza box?

Perhaps it very well could.....some day.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 12:45 PM Post #9 of 353
Actually, before you do anything to them, listen to them for a while, see if you like them. The button should indeed have an impact on sound (sound deflection and resonance.)

I actually think it is quite interesting, yet serendipitous, and I would have loved to get a pair w/o the buttons straight from the manufacturer.

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #10 of 353
Doesn't the RS-2 come in the cheaper pizza box with the cellophane window showing the cups without having to open the box? I guess the packer at HeadRoom did not notice or is not familiar with the RS-2 to know that something was wrong.

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #12 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by CD44hi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, before you do anything to them, listen to them for a while, see if you like them. The button should indeed have an impact on sound (sound deflection and resonance.)

I actually think it is quite interesting, yet serendipitous, and I would have loved to get a pair w/o the buttons straight from the manufacturer.

With a simple mistake like this, I'd personally be concerned whether they had installed the right drivers for that phone or, touch wood, drivers meant for lower-tier Grados.

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #14 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With a simple mistake like this, I'd personally be concerned whether they had installed the right drivers for that phone or, touch wood, drivers meant for lower-tier Grados.

Good point.

I was just looking at some photos of RS-2, but I can't see if they have the black goop on the drivers. That could be a clue if they do.

If not; if they have black drivers, they may be factory MS2i woodies!

.....wooden SR-325i would have buttons.
tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #15 of 353
If the OP received these brand new in a sealed box, then as far as I can recall, this is a Head-Fi first.

I personally would certainly have them replaced by Headroom (I would first take some pictures to document the event). But in addition to that, I would contact Grado (preferably on the phone) to see what they have to say about this. When QC issues like this pop up, I think it is important that Grado labs is made aware.

Before contacting Headroom, I must admit that I too would be tempted to break them in for 50 or so hours, and listen to what they sounded like without the buttons. Just out of morbid curiosity.
biggrin.gif

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back