Grado RS2 ... Good for PC Gaming?
Sep 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blinkstar

100+ Head-Fier
Someone is selling a used pair on Craigslist for $250 and I wonder how they would be for PC gaming with my Xfi card and possibly an external amp/receiver ...

Any thoughts?

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for responding so fast! The AD700s are on my list, but I have read in otherwise positive reviews that they are definitely lacking in bass ... Did you not find that to be the case?

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 6
They have perfectly fine bass for if you're playing games. Unless you're playing a game where you're meant to produce a massive amount of bass for lolz.

If on the other hand you are talking about music and are a trance/drum n bass fan then you could do better for bass.. but from what you've asked, in relation to gaming, there is no problem.

Make sure you get the ATH-AD700 not the ATH-A700. They are different. The ATH-AD700 is an open headphone with a larger soundstage.

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 6
I think you may have just sold me on the AD700s ... I've heard nothing but good things about them and doubts about the bass for gaming were the one thing putting me off ... now I'll have to track down a pair.

Thanks again!

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 6
No problems. It's true that in comparison to some headphones they lack bass, but for gaming bass isn't exactly the most important thing. There's enough there for gaming. They will also sound great for a wide variety of genres of music, especially considering the price range. Enjoy 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back