Grado RS1i
Dec 17, 2010 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

SilverS

Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi! I'm pleased to report that I have just purchased a pair of Grado RS1i headphones and I'm very excited! If anyone has any questions about them I'll do my best to answer them. Really though I just wanted to make this thread to share my excitement 
biggrin.gif

I'll provide some pictures of them in action:

Picture Pack:
http://solidfiles.com/d/563b/

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 19
Very nice. Do you have any other headphones? How are you running your RS2's? Impressions? I love my 325's but figure the next jump I will likely make on the upgrade ladder will be RS1 or RS2's.

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 19
nice!

what kinds of music do you listen to with the RS-1's?

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 19
I'm only using a Harman Kardon receiver at the moment but I'll be getting a bottlehead S.E.X. amp and Foreplay III preamp over the holidays. As for impressions, I love them! They sound incredible no matter what I plug them into. If you're on the fence about upgrading I have to say go for it, the most noticeable difference between these and my 225i is the RS1i has an enormous sound stage.

[size=medium]

Quote:
nice!

I listen to a mix of things, most prominently 90s electronic, the good stuff where they sample actual instruments (The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim, Champion).
[/size]

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 19

Quote:
I'm only using a Harman Kardon receiver at the moment but I'll be getting a bottlehead S.E.X. amp and Foreplay III preamp over the holidays. As for impressions, I love them! They sound incredible no matter what I plug them into. If you're on the fence about upgrading I have to say go for it, the most noticeable difference between these and my 225i is the RS1i has an enormous sound stage.

Quote:
nice!

I listen to a mix of things, most prominently 90s electronic, the good stuff where they sample actual instruments (The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim, Champion).

I've owned the RS1s (and currently the RS-1i) and just a very strong recommendation for the MAD Ear+HD tube amp. Simply the BEST synergy with the RS1/RS1i's I've ever heard!

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 19

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
nice!

I've owned the RS1s (and currently the RS-1i) and just a very strong recommendation for the MAD Ear+HD tube amp. Simply the BEST synergy with the RS1/RS1i's I've ever heard!

I goodness I bet those sound incredible! It's too bad I only had enough fun money for the headphones. Either way I'm sure bottlehead's equipment goes very well with Grado's cans.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
nice!

I goodness I bet those sound incredible! It's too bad I only had enough fun money for the headphones. Either way I'm sure bottlehead's equipment goes very well with Grado's cans.

Just a thought for "down the road".
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 19
For some reason I think I read that the Bottlehead is not a good match for Grado...but that might just be the Crack...not sure about the SEX. I read it here...maybe a quick search will answer that. I do remember reading that Bottlehead stuff is nice though.

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 19
Yeah I looked into it, The reason is the crack isn't good for low impedance headphones like Grado's where as the S.E.X. is great for both high and low. As for the Foreplay III it should just compliment the S.E.X. perfectly.

Dec 17, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #10 of 19
Ok...I knew I read something about one not being a good match. 

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #13 of 19

Quote:
As for the Foreplay III it should just compliment the S.E.X. perfectly.

This phrase takes audiophilia to a whole new level.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist
devil_face.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #14 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back