Grado RS1i Impressions thread
Sep 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #601 of 2,110

Trust me, I think it will be worth the wait.  Plus, you'll only see 2 or possibly 3 RS1i headphones listed in a one-month period around here ... if you're lucky.

even with the shipping and insurance,it was just at the top of what i wanted to pay and if they are in the shape as described, original box, cable extension, adapter(don't really need, and i have one)
i think i will have gotten a fair deal

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #602 of 2,110
  even with the shipping and insurance,it was just at the top of what i wanted to pay and if they are in the shape as described, original box, cable extension, adapter(don't really need, and i have one)

The 15' Grado extension cable and the 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter are standards that come along with the RS1i.  I think for anyone reselling the RS1i, they would hopefully have the box and the accompanying cables.

Edit: I should also state that I don't hold onto every box.  But, I would hold onto boxes for unique items such as a $400+ pair of headphones.

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #603 of 2,110

The 15' Grado extension cable and the 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter are standards that come along with the RS1i.  I think for anyone reselling the RS1i, they would hopefully have the box and the accompanying cables.

Edit: I should also state that I don't hold onto every box.  But, I would hold onto boxes for unique items such as a $400+ pair of headphones.

true enough, i did see one (and it might have been a non"i" 1) that didn't have an original box,
i'm a box keeper for most stuff of "value" to me, the ps500, ms2, lry, bifrost all have their boxes

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #605 of 2,110

Take it from someone who is always looking for a good deal and always has buyers remorse when he buys something and it disappoints him, or feels he did not get a good bang for the buck.

The RS1i is one of my best purchase's of anything that I have ever bought for $500 
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #606 of 2,110
  I can't get rid of any of my boxes that anything cool comes in, I'm running out of closet space because of them.

BTW listening to Karen Carpenters voice with the RS1i's right now...sweet!

Joseph, did you just receive them ?

What do you think so far.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #607 of 2,110
  I can't get rid of any of my boxes that anything cool comes in, I'm running out of closet space because of them.

BTW listening to Karen Carpenters voice with the RS1i's right now...sweet!

i've filled my closet space,which isn't much due to my sharing the walkin with the wife but, we just organized our "barn"(utility shed)
and its half empty !

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #608 of 2,110

Take it from someone who is always looking for a good deal and always has buyers remorse when he buys something and it disappoints him, or feels he did not get a good bang for the buck.

The RS1i is one of my best purchase's of anything that I have ever bought for $500 
biggrin.gif

i don't believe i'll have too much buyers remorse ! lol
if for some odd reason i don't want to keep the rs1i, as long as its in the shape described, i could sell it pretty easy i would think, and maybe
only be out the shipping, AND i would have answered the "what about the" question !

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #609 of 2,110

oh yeah, the dude just drove into NY and bought a pair !

Sep 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #610 of 2,110

Yes last Thursday, haven't had much listening time with them, maybe 10hrs. My first impressions are they sound like my 80's on a larger scale, they have a deeper but just as tight of a bass, smoother but still forward mid-range, with a bit of a wider sound stage and much more depth in the music which was immediatly noticeable as soon as I put them on, and also the subtle details in music I've listened to 1000 times that I've never heard, I am now hearing with the RS1i's.The higher frequencies at this point (being new) at times with some recordings can have a bite, but I don't mind this at moderate listening levels. All in all they sound very nice so far, and I'm sure they will get better with more listening time, as all my Grados did to me. So to me hearing these slight differences is something I enjoy, so that being said my price difference concern went right out the window. I don't mind because I can hear the difference and that was my concern. They are pricey, but theres nothing one can do if it is worth it to them, and this seems to be in my case.

oh yeah, the dude just drove into NY and bought a pair !

Yes, I only live 30 minutes

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #612 of 2,110

Yes, I only live 30 minutes from B&H Photo in N.Y.C so I picked them up Thursday afternoon. I'm enjoying them so far with the little amount of time I have spent with them. I gave a brief first impression replying to whirlwind's post above. 

very nice, looking forward to mine arriving !
i've driven a lot further than 30 minutes before to get a piece of gear , i've driven further just to listen !

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #613 of 2,110
  very nice, looking forward to mine arriving !
i've driven a lot further than 30 minutes before to get a piece of gear , i've driven further just to listen !

So have you already listened to the RS1i?
And yes I'm lucky to have Grado dealers all around my area, and all within 30 a miniute drive-NY,N.Y., Brooklyn N.Y. and Woodbridge N.J.
If you have never heard them, I'm sure your going to like them, being that you are a Grado fan. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to totally relax and really enjoy them, just haven't really had the time. 

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #614 of 2,110
And yes I'm lucky to have Grado dealers all around my area, and all within 30 a miniute drive-NY,N.Y., Brooklyn N.Y. and Woodbridge N.J.
If you have never heard them, I'm sure your going to like them, being that you are a Grado fan. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to totally relax and really enjoy them, just haven't really had the time. 

No, haven't heard the rs1i yet, the closest grado dealer to me is in Nashville,About 2hrs away and its a chain store, the highest they stock is the 325

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #615 of 2,110

Not only that.  Since you have great access to Brooklyn, you can hand deliver your Grados to their location if you need any work done on them.  They'll probably just send you down the street for about an hour to have a cup o' Joe and when you return, the work would be all done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back