GRADO RA-1 Power Requirements
Jan 19, 2009 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

boomy3555

Headphoneus Supremus
I'v e been doing prelim searches and all I can find about the RA-1 is that it uses two 9v batteries.(Battery version of Course) but I want to use it exclusively at home and connect a D/C adapter.

My question is, Are the two 9v connected in series or parallel ? In other words do I supply it with 9 volts of 18 volts. and does anyone know the base amperage of a 9v battery so I can supply it with the correct amperage.

confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif
:confused_face (1):

Jan 23, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 7
Yes, it's two 9-volts, one for left and one for right. The battery version sounds better then the AC version IMO. I have an old RA-1 (battery) in so-so cosmetic shape, but works fine. If you want it let me know ...I would let it go for $150, as it's just collecting dust.

Jan 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lornecherry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it's two 9-volts, one for left and one for right. The battery version sounds better then the AC version IMO. I have an old RA-1 (battery) in so-so cosmetic shape, but works fine. If you want it let me know ...I would let it go for $150, as it's just collecting dust.

I'm going to put two D/C ( RadioShack size "N" ) jacks and simply attach them to the existing Battery terminals so I can revert if necessary. then I will buy two 9 v adapters.

I almpost "Fried" it by attaching one 18 v adapter to both terminals, but then I spoke to Grado and thank God I did.

If I screw this up I send you a PM for your old one.

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #7 of 7
Radio Shack make what they call a battery eliminator part number 273-1552B two of them will work. I can tell you from past experince that it will sound better with just the batterys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back