Grado PS500s (new Grado's)
Sep 16, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #1,216 of 1,221
Received a pair of PS500 as black Friday gift. The sound is exactly what I have been looking for! 
My HE500 with grill cloth removed mode was perfect on every aspect except tizzy treble. So I sold it unwillingly. I was looking for phones with smooth or dark treble and heavy tight bass. PS500 is just so great. The vocal, bass, guitar, everything is just so great.
Cons I found: not that comfortable. So I am considering to buy a G-cushion. I saw people said PS500 with G-cushion didn't sound as great as with L, can anyone give me any positive reviews? Plus, the soundstage is smaller compared to the HE500 I owned, but thats not a big problem on my music preferences. 

I like the PS500 with G-Cush pads... To my ears, the PS500 has plenty of bass... if there's any loss with the larger pads it is minimal. However there is a slight increase in treble and the overall effect tends to make them more "grado-like" than their stock signature.

When they were relatively new, I preferred the L-Cush but now that they are broken in, they sound really good with both sets of pads. Personally I have no comfort issues with the L pads but for anyone who does, I think the G pads are well worth trying. They also will increase the sound stage significantly.

I really like the fact that it is so easy to swap pads... it' like having 2 pairs of headphones in 1. :)

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,217 of 1,221
The differences between the PS500 and PS500e are discribed at te site of Grado Labs ; 
The PS500e is the younger brother to the PS1000e, with newly redesigned 44mm speaker and the improved 8 conductor cable design and a smaller metal and wood hybrid air chamber. Both the hidden mahogany core and and powder-coated aluminum housing parts under-go damping treatments that help control and dissipate resonances, for an undistorted flow of the musical signal.
It's difficult to say what kind of audible improvements this upgrade has got.

Dec 29, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #1,219 of 1,221
Me back again for little older me.
I never could play an muisicl instrument.
Most of All speaker business com was Willson Watt 123 sound hip end, end.
So did enjoy being a roadie.
Side note not here to debate
Who knows all right info = no one can
Who knows most= each for own
Who knows that most
Side note

Keep all in, grodo way.
All is Hello and Welcome.
Boot rude be no nice, respectively.
Nice post an replys.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #1,220 of 1,221
My PS500 phones developed a rattle in the left driver, so I sent them back to Grado to be repaired. They came back and now I can see a red ring inside both earcups (as seen from outside the earcups). Anyone know what the red ring is?

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #1,221 of 1,221
My PS500 phones developed a rattle in the left driver, so I sent them back to Grado to be repaired. They came back and now I can see a red ring inside both earcups (as seen from outside the earcups). Anyone know what the red ring is?

Congrats, since Grado has updated your PS500 to the new PS500e :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back