Grado igi's must cause brain damage...
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #46 of 48
[size=10pt]I just got pair of igi. I would say igi is one of the best metal head's IEM under $200~$250.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]sub bass is there very accurate and tight. mid bass is bit boosted, it is so fast and impactful.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Mid is clear, and sounds like other Grado Headphone (colored). I do find hiss on vocal (I had no problem using Super Darts)[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Treble is very bright and harsh at some parts but it sound really fantastic with Metallica, In Flames, Judas Priest, and so many metal.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Kick is there with tight punching, Snare is so tight and impactful like old SR-325. electronic Guitar sound Just like Grado's signature sound.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]Cymbals is clear with little bit of harshness. [/size]

[size=10pt]By the way I do love harsh vocal and treble only in Metal music. For me harshness gives so much more life and fun in Metal music[/size]

[size=10pt]I would say This is particular Grado Sound with Sub bass added.[/size]

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #47 of 48
  [size=10pt]I just got pair of igi. I would say igi is one of the best metal head's IEM under $200~$250.[/size]

[size=10pt]sub bass is there very accurate and tight. mid bass is bit boosted, it is so fast and impactful.[/size]

[size=10pt]Mid is clear, and sounds like other Grado Headphone (colored). I do find hiss on vocal (I had no problem using Super Darts)[/size]

[size=10pt]Treble is very bright and harsh at some parts but it sound really fantastic with Metallica, In Flames, Judas Priest, and so many metal.[/size]

[size=10pt]Kick is there with tight punching, Snare is so tight and impactful like old SR-325. electronic Guitar sound Just like Grado's signature sound.[/size]

[size=10pt]Cymbals is clear with little bit of harshness. [/size]

[size=10pt]By the way I do love harsh vocal and treble only in Metal music. For me harshness gives so much more life and fun in Metal music[/size]

[size=10pt]I would say This is particular Grado Sound with Sub bass added.[/size]

Yep. I use these pretty much exclusively at work or riding my bike. Need my metal to get through the day lol. These provide the metal sound I love in spades.

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #48 of 48
Ordered a pair of iGi, then faced this thread and was slightly disappointed. So I expected them much worse after reading this than I really got.
I was looking for IEMs as my headphones are far too not portable. Finally, for $100 I've got almost exact the same sound as my default 4y.o. Sennheiser HD280Pro @64Ohm. Probably, iGi's deliver a little more upper-bass (down-middle). But have been using them for only 5-6 hours for now.
Definitely, I'm totally satisfied with the sound. Burzum? No cяappy noise; "The sound of silence" by Simon&Garfunkel - great, vivid and 'tasty'; atmospheric metal - goood.
If I compare them to ATH-IM70 which I received almost the same time, I like iGi sound much more. IM70 are short of mids, for my taste. Will keep comparing them as burn-in is in progress.
Of course, these two are not expected to sound similar, but subjectively, I started loving iGi from the 1st listening as their sound appeared familiar for me(after Sennh).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back