Grado GS1000 GS-1000 GS1 GS1K [ Official Customer Satisfaction/ Appreciation Thread ]
Feb 2, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #181 of 189
  The GH-1 are powerful enough to rock the G cush, in fact they give my PS1000 a run for their money.

Grados are some of the easyest headphones to drive. Grados will sing even if they're hooked up to a canary's butt, that's how sensitive they are.

Just don't do the same mistake I did and use the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter...........poor Engelbird.
redface.gif

Oh! I almost fogot, a bit of KY will probably appreciated, I know I do, damn coloscopy!!!
mad.gif

KY? why? Or a joke I don't get.

By the way, I tried the GS1000e this afternoon in a store. I had brought my Mapletree Hear+ HD tube amp..... and they sounded sublime! So I had to buy one pair :wink:

I should have them tomorrow!!

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #182 of 189
  KY? why? Or a joke I don't get.

By the way, I tried the GS1000e this afternoon in a store. I had brought my Mapletree Hear+ HD tube amp..... and they sounded sublime! So I had to buy one pair :wink:

I should have them tomorrow!!

lol...i have the same amp...glad to see that despite it being 8 or so yrs old
it's still being used and appreciated.
beerchug.gif

i had the regular ear purist plus...sent it off to lloyd 6 or 8 mo ago and he repainted and added
new internals, etc, making it a HD version.

.looking at getting some grados myself.
gs1000 or ps1000  to compliment my senn650s
might score a pair for us$530, used, good condition...but seller
has to first find out what series tomorrow.says they're 3 yrs old

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #183 of 189
Very happy with my new GS1000e / Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD combo. Soundstage is fantastic! So airy!

What change should I expect from the burn-in? I hear some degree of graininess (roughness) at this time, hoping for some more smoothness...?

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #187 of 189
Hey people, I reviewed my GS1000:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/grado-gs1000/reviews/18358

I would appreciate any feedback, comments, opinions, thoughts and questions.
After reading my review I'm sure you'd realise that I love them : )

loved your review - I have the GS1000i and agree with most of your points and above all
your emphatic enthusiasm and passion for these cans. I do find that they can benefit
from a bit of eq - slightly lift the mids and slightly lower the upper highs - done to taste.
I also listen at fairly low volumes and they still convey all of the musicality;
no need to listen loud!

Since you love the sound of the GS's there may be no need to go any higher - but perhaps
a lower Grado to compliment and change things up from time to time - such as an SR225e or SR325e....
or possibly a PS500e?

Jun 15, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #189 of 189
Bumping the thread...

I bought mine used, and at first I had hard time understanding them... until I heard them with capable all-tube headphone amp... it turned out eventually they pair well with Audioengine D3 (although a bit more power needed there, but nevertheless.

They are easily the best headphones I have heard, and in direct comparison they were to me much better than the HD800.

Unfortunately, there was always a slight "grattle" with some (lower) frequencies, occuring in the right cup, which eventually resulted in the right cup (sounded like the driver, although this has to be checked) completely failing and not working any longer at all.

The repair in this part of the EU for the repair (I presume that is the driver swap with matched drivers) is 250€ plus shipping.

Does anyone knows of any cheaper alternatives for the repairs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back