GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #976 of 1,160
LOL at Grado not selling many. Like any phone. If it had build issues, we'd know all about it on Headfi. Squeaky wheel syndrome is strong here. Nothing will have a perfect track record but it's clearly not been a significant point of contention and they've been around a while. Sound and value is always debatable on any phone. To each his own.
smile.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #979 of 1,160
I already own them and am very happy with them, in fact i don't use hardly any other anymore, i just wondered if any did ecperiment with custom ear molds and if so, what are the advantages?

I had custom tips made about a year and a bit ago, i prefer the fit, but the bass is far less noticable.

I'm thinking of modding them a bit so that the GR10 sits deeper into the silicone.

(I had the GR10 previously, but had them replaced with the GR10e after a driver malfunction)

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #980 of 1,160
Custom tips DO make the bass less pronounced.  I'm shocked....you couldn't get a fit with the squishy soft silicone stock tips?

FYI...Titan 1 is same kind/amount of bass and treble, GR10 midrange is better but Titan 1 has a larger soundstage.

For $400, Westone W30 gives you much more.

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #982 of 1,160
Custom tips DO make the bass less pronounced.  I'm shocked....you couldn't get a fit with the squishy soft silicone stock tips?

FYI...Titan 1 is same kind/amount of bass and treble, GR10 midrange is better but Titan 1 has a larger soundstage.

For $400, Westone W30 gives you much more.

I'm now listening to the interstellar OST with the normal tips on my GR10e, and to me this was worth the €430 i once spend on them. I fell in love with the original GR10 for their treble, and am falling in love with the GR10e for their bass.

I might try the titan 1 once i've sold my UE900 (which is, compared to the GR10 a very dull sounding in ear)
Maybe i'll try to find some westones here. I'm not really at home with in ears. I just know what i like.

Yes this inspired me and convinced me that it's doable to make them fit nicer than they do now. How's the bass with those?

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #984 of 1,160
Can you tell us more about the 10e and what the noticeable differences are? I am happy with the custom tips, as the comfort is superb. With my iPhone, iPod and Fiio x1 I don't notice much difference in bass, as the GR10 is not a bass wonder, but if bass on a well done recording like the new Steven Wilson album is there than you will hear it, if behind in the mix you hear it too, as the GR10 are very unforgiving with bad quality recordings, this said, they offer the best compromise, and Steven Wilson's guitar sounds more beautifull than with any other in ear I own. Difficult to say, but the music makes you more happy when listening with the GR10.

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #985 of 1,160
Can you tell us more about the 10e and what the noticeable differences are? I am happy with the custom tips, as the comfort is superb. With my iPhone, iPod and Fiio x1 I don't notice much difference in bass, as the GR10 is not a bass wonder, but if bass on a well done recording like the new Steven Wilson album is there than you will hear it, if behind in the mix you hear it too, as the GR10 are very unforgiving with bad quality recordings, this said, they offer the best compromise, and Steven Wilson's guitar sounds more beautifull than with any other in ear I own. Difficult to say, but the music makes you more happy when listening with the GR10.

Plase take not that i couldn't hear the GR10 and GR10e side by side, and it took about 2 weeks to have it replaced with th new one.
The original is very bass light, while the 10e has a normal bass. A side effect of this is ofcourse that the treble doesn't sound as peaking as it did before, but i'm unable to determine wether this is due to my imagination, or due to a change in the headphone itself.
The little hole in the casing makes these in ears vented, meaning they're now "open" IEMs. When i walk down a busy street, i can hear people in the distance, but not loudly so.

I recommend the GR10e over the GR10.

Also that copper + green looks pretty cool!

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #986 of 1,160
Plase take not that i couldn't hear the GR10 and GR10e side by side, and it took about 2 weeks to have it replaced with th new one.
The original is very bass light, while the 10e has a normal bass. A side effect of this is ofcourse that the treble doesn't sound as peaking as it did before, but i'm unable to determine wether this is due to my imagination, or due to a change in the headphone itself.
The little hole in the casing makes these in ears vented, meaning they're now "open" IEMs. When i walk down a busy street, i can hear people in the distance, but not loudly so.

I recommend the GR10e over the GR10.

Also that copper + green looks pretty cool![/quote
Will be my next buy somewhere this year:blush::thumbsup:

Mar 22, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #987 of 1,160
Well.....IMHO original GR10 had $200-250 value.  Perhaps with this vast improvement the GR10e is worthy of a $300 price?  But at $400 it will get beat up relentlessly by other competitors.

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #989 of 1,160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back