Grado GH2 headphone at TTVJAudio.com
Feb 24, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #31 of 57
Hi All,

Confirmed that my order has shipped and will arrive next week! If you want one order now and it will ship in less than a week!!!

Also, I will be receiving my demo GH-2 later today so look for impressions on Monday! I'm excited to try take them for a listen!

Todd

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #32 of 57
@Todd
I will be looking forward to hearing what you think of the GH2.
Do you know if they have serial numbers inside the cups and what kind of box they're coming with? I was a little disappointed with GH1. 

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #33 of 57
HI All,

I have had some time with my ears in the GH-2 headphones and I must say I am liking what I hear. They are dynamic - good attack and pretty well balanced from top to bottom. Highs are detailed but I have not found them to be at all fatiguing. They are darn fun to listen to.

I listen to mostly Rock and the GH-2 delivers the impact and heart of the music very well. The mids are pretty sweet and the bottom end defined and punchy!

The GH-2 fits like all of the Grado phones - I personally find them easy to wear. And boy do they look great. The Cocobolo wood is spectacular. There will NOT be a pair that will be identical!

The GH-2 comes packaged the same way the GH-1 did - in a small blue pizza box.I could not find a serial number on mine.

Well, we can recommend the GH-2 headphone! It is a winner and a keeper. To those who get one - ENJOY!!!

Todd

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #34 of 57
  HI All,

I have had some time with my ears in the GH-2 headphones and I must say I am liking what I hear. They are dynamic - good attack and pretty well balanced from top to bottom. Highs are detailed but I have not found them to be at all fatiguing. They are darn fun to listen to.

I listen to mostly Rock and the GH-2 delivers the impact and heart of the music very well. The mids are pretty sweet and the bottom end defined and punchy!

The GH-2 fits like all of the Grado phones - I personally find them easy to wear. And boy do they look great. The Cocobolo wood is spectacular. There will NOT be a pair that will be identical!

The GH-2 comes packaged the same way the GH-1 did - in a small blue pizza box.I could not find a serial number on mine.

Well, we can recommend the GH-2 headphone! It is a winner and a keeper. To those who get one - ENJOY!!!

Todd

Thanks for your impressions Todd!

Any thoughts regarding how the 2 stacks up to the GH1?

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #35 of 57

HI All,

Todd

Thanks for your impressions Todd!

Any thoughts regarding how the 2 stacks up to the GH1?

and/or the RS-2e?

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #36 of 57
Hi Guys,

I don't have those headphones here to compare them. I wish my memory was that good but I wouldn't trust it to make firm statements comparing the GH-1 or RS-2e.

Todd

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #38 of 57
Nice two in a roll, Grado. As this year has just started.

Nice move Grado to carter for us who not willing, into entering doing DIY modify, playland above 325.

Side/note
Sure did enjoy a hobby, loudspeaker Speaker rag. Tear in my eye Dynaudio said
to many. No, agree with dynaudio

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #39 of 57
It's been five long years since I sold my RS1s... but I'm finally back in the Grado game! Picked up a pair of GH2s on a whim. They arrive Friday -- can't wait to give them a listen.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #43 of 57
It is really taking a long time for people to post some impressions.  I wonder if sales of the GH-2 are equally as slow.  I remember people criticizing the GH-1 for lacking any sort of extras, such as nice packaging, etc.  

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #45 of 57

I just started breaking mine in but they do sound good out of the box.  I will update as I put some time in and acclimate. Beautiful wood and no two alike, that adds to the Limited aspect of this new model. There were approximately 1200 or so GH1's produced and there is only what a dealer might have on his shelf but they are hard to find. Check the GH2 out and decide if you can't live without it before you get shut out..

So far good bottom end, smooth and transparent mids and highs and an indication that this well could be a Grado to try for those that don't lean in that direction usually, more to come.

The Band Wagon has begun, get on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back