Grado Fan Club!
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #65,296 of 65,931
Looking forward to receive the GS3000x tomorrow !

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #65,298 of 65,931
Dunno, that stigma of Android was maybe there right after the first iPhones, i personally never experienced it when i had an Android and i never heard anything like this from "the kids" i know nowadays. Maybe the Android users are more aggressive in Germany?
.... with the ascent of AI, the androids to 😱 are not the 📱 .... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #65,299 of 65,931
Apr 8, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #65,300 of 65,931
OK, ESL-1 .... give us your take with air guns!! 👍
My other addiction I need a 12 step program for. Downsizing that collection too. Funny but most designs today do not need any break in but many of the spring piston design did. There are Olympic events for both pistols & rifles.
They are used with paper or metal targets, nothing live. Fun hobby and like the headphones the hobby has brought me some really good friends from many different places (Spain, Italy, UK, Holland, Austria and more.
The fellowship like headphones is one of the best parts of it.

A few samples to put a face on it. Pardon the sidestep but like all hobbies fun to share. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I don’t want to commandeer this site any more than I have. I could also bore you with more photos, in PMs. Small sampling below.

Enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_9896.jpeg
    IMG_9896.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9731.jpeg
    IMG_9731.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9699.jpeg
    IMG_9699.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8815.jpeg
    IMG_8815.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8794.jpeg
    IMG_8794.jpeg
  • IMG_8636.jpeg
    IMG_8636.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6717.jpeg
    IMG_6717.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6679.jpeg
    IMG_6679.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 8, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #65,301 of 65,931
My other addiction I need a 12 step program for. Downsizing that collection too. Funny but most designs today do not need any break in but many of the spring piston design did. There are Olympic events for both pistols & rifles.
They are used with paper or metal targets, nothing live. Fun hobby and like the headphones the hobby has brought me some really good friends from many different places (Spain, Italy, UK, Holland, Austria and more.
The fellowship like headphones is one of the best parts of it.

A few samples to put a face on it. Pardon the sidestep but like all hobbies fun to share. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I don’t want to commandeer this site any more than I have. I could also bore you with more photos, in PMs. Small sampling below.

Enjoy
.... key question: are Captain & Tennille CDs favoured targets? 🤣😈 ....

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #65,302 of 65,931
.... key question: are Captain & Tennille CDs favoured targets? 🤣😈 ....
Tell you what, let’s use the WayBack Machine and go back in time. I will take Tennille, you can have the Captain’s hat.

I had the wife of the owner of one of the audio stores I managed. She was convinced I used pictures of her as targets. She wasn’t quite that bad.

Oops, I missed you said CDs. 💿 none in my collection to shoot but would have if they snuck in somehow.

P.S. 3 shots in one ragged hole @ 50 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_7959.jpeg
    IMG_7959.jpeg
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #65,305 of 65,931
Dunno, that stigma of Android was maybe there right after the first iPhones, i personally never experienced it when i had an Android and i never heard anything like this from "the kids" i know nowadays. Maybe the Android users are more aggressive in Germany?

Yeah, it's a cultural thing.

iPhone dominates the United States youth. I don't care either way.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #65,307 of 65,931
... further up the Grado chain ...
IMG_7758.jpeg
IMG_7760.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #65,308 of 65,931
Any „White” owners here who would like to share some thoughts about the sound? How do they differ from Heritage series or PS500e’s?
They're a bigger diameter driver G-pad headphone. They do sound like Grados but also different. I mean they're nice but not exciting. They have a warm sound like an old radio. Voices and mids in general are rendered beautifully. Upper bass is thick but lower bass is not. Lower treble is there but no real high treble. So we have a bell-curved frequency curve.

GH2s are similar to the PS500e but way more exciting. And PS500e are similar to the White but also way more exciting.

The Whites are my most expensive Grados but i cannot really say they were worth it. When i want this kind of sound i use my GS1000is. The White are just sitting there, looking cool.

If it's voice heavy non complex music within the White's frequency range like classic music or jazz or the Beatles they sound great. But the RS1 buttons always will sound greater.

Maybe my brain will burn in to the Whites after some years?! :)

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #65,309 of 65,931
They're a bigger diameter driver G-pad headphone. They do sound like Grados but also different. I mean they're nice but not exciting. They have a warm sound like an old radio. Voices and mids in general are rendered beautifully. Upper bass is thick but lower bass is not. Lower treble is there but no real high treble. So we have a bell-curved frequency curve.

GH2s are similar to the PS500e but way more exciting. And PS500e are similar to the White but also way more exciting.

The Whites are my most expensive Grados but i cannot really say they were worth it. When i want this kind of sound i use my GS1000is. The White are just sitting there, looking cool.

If it's voice heavy non complex music within the White's frequency range like classic music or jazz or the Beatles they sound great. ***But the RS1 buttons always will sound greater.***

Maybe my brain will burn in to the Whites after some years?! :)

*** One of Grado best! ☑️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back