Grado Fan Club!
Nov 13, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #63,211 of 66,134
KakaoTalk_20231114_144733190.jpg

:sunglasses:

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #63,213 of 66,134
hey i got the new grado 325x
Is it necessary to change the pads to more comfortable ones?
Geekria will comfort?
Lot of info on this thread about pads. Opinions vary, it would be best if you just see what works best for you. I would say this though,
1. Try soaking the original Grado pads in cold water with Dawn dish soap, rinse, gently squeeze dry, then air dry. This should help with comfort. 2. Yes the Geekria pads are more comfortable in general but some would say at the expense of SQ, myself included. I personally have decided that Grado pads are best for me, but that is just my opinion.

Nov 14, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #63,214 of 66,134
Second the G's on GH1's. Puts them in the same ballpark as my PS2k.

And speaking of, just wanted to drop in for any PS2000e owners. These are great headphones. A little EQ to fill out the low end puts these right up there with other TOTL kilobuck dynamics IMO. Anyone else out there still rocking these guys?
Indeed! … With Turbulent Labs headband and Nyczaj Audio gimbal/rod assemblies. Tighter sound / no earcup downward sliding.
4BE4CC07-96A5-44FC-8476-0A08C77F9C8C.jpeg

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #63,215 of 66,134
hey i got the new grado 325x
Is it necessary to change the pads to more comfortable ones?
Geekria will comfort?
Before changing pads... wear them lower on your ear... up to rather than on the top of your ears... works wonders and sounds much better

If that does not work, THEN consider pads: however, the sound may change for the better or worse

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #63,216 of 66,134
Before changing pads... wear them lower on your ear... up to rather than on the top of your ears... works wonders and sounds much better

If that does not work, THAN consider pads: however, the sound may change for the better or worse
Excellent point. On many headphones ear cup placement on your ears and head are crucial to finding the best sounding result. I find many of the Grado models (past & present) very adjustable to finding the magic exact position. Try it one night with one of your favorite Grados and see how it works out for you. Just takes a wee bit of patience but will likely be an interesting experiment. Bending the headband to best fit should help find what works for you.

BTW, all this fiddling should not only allow you to determine how much the fit and comfort can really make a difference.

Enjoy……

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #63,217 of 66,134
Excellent point. On many headphones ear cup placement on your ears and head are crucial to finding the best sounding result. I find many of the Grado models (past & present) very adjustable to finding the magic exact position. Try it one night with one of your favorite Grados and see how it works out for you. Just takes a wee bit of patience but will likely be an interesting experiment.

Enjoy……
100%

This is especially true for G & L pads in my experience. One more of the mildly quirky-yet-frustrating-yet-endearing things associated with our favorite brand :)

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #63,219 of 66,134
Excellent point. On many headphones ear cup placement on your ears and head are crucial to finding the best sounding result. I find many of the Grado models (past & present) very adjustable to finding the magic exact position. Try it one night with one of your favorite Grados and see how it works out for you. Just takes a wee bit of patience but will likely be an interesting experiment. Bending the headband to best fit should help find what works for you.

BTW, all this fiddling should not only allow you to determine how much the fit and comfort can really make a difference.

Enjoy……
Imagine being able to say that Grados are among my most comfortable along with sounding their best after the mentioned tuning.

Give it a try if you have not already done so. The steel support in the headband is very pliable, virtually impossible to break but it would be a stock item I would think.

ENJOY the MUSIC…..

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #63,220 of 66,134
Indeed! … With Turbulent Labs headband and Nyczaj Audio gimbal/rod assemblies. Tighter sound / no earcup downward sliding.4BE4CC07-96A5-44FC-8476-0A08C77F9C8C.jpeg
Just gorgeous!

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #63,221 of 66,134
Yes , I hated the stock headband, gimbals and really stiff cable, I couldn't sit comfortably without the cups moving on me ears and couldn't get the pads to sit well. I've gone with Nyczaj headband, gimbals and pads and also Beautiful Audio pads I'm currently using.

Attachments

• PXL_20231114_184152889~2.jpg
    PXL_20231114_184152889~2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Nov 14, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #63,222 of 66,134

Enjoy……
Imagine being able to say that Grados are among my most comfortable along with sounding their best after the mentioned tuning.

Give it a try if you have not already done so. The steel support in the headband is very pliable.

Nov 14, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #63,224 of 66,134
grado 325x,

Should I it will good to purchase an adapter from 3.5mm to 4.4mm (balance) to get more quality from the amplifier?
For balanced operation, SR325X would need to be rewired. They are high-sensitivity headphones and do not require the additional power of a balanced amplifier.

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #63,225 of 66,134
grado 325x,

Should I it will good to purchase an adapter from 3.5mm to 4.4mm (balance) to get more quality from the amplifier?
You can only use a balanced to single ended adapter--not the other way around.
As already mentioned--you'd need to wire the headphones for balanced use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back