Grado Fan Club!
Nov 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #10,622 of 65,858
  Don't get me started on my ex wife, she thought I was spending too much money on audio gear, and yet, she owned 35 pairs of shoes, (I counted them). I even bought her a pair of Sennheiser HD-480II, so that she'd keep her mits off my HD-600.

Every birthday when it came time to blow out the candles on my cake, I closed my eyes, made a wish, but everytime I opened my eyes back, she was still there, so much for this!.

Thats one of the best (funniest) things I've ever head!!!
Usually when people tell me they are getting engaged/married I reply, congratulations, I'm sorry to hear that.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #10,623 of 65,858
  Thats one of the best (funniest) things I've ever head!!!
Usually when people tell me they are getting engaged/married I reply, congratulations, I'm sorry to hear that.

now that's funny !!

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #10,625 of 65,858
  hey guys what do you think about the new Vali Amp for the 225i? http://schiit.com/products/vali

i was looking for a Little dot i+ with WE408a tubes because the sylvania ones are an utopia right now.. but then i saw the SCHIIT Vali and im thinking if its better or not than the LD

i think its safe to say, the little dot is one of the best amps to pair with grado's, i have one, and love it, all reports are very positive regarding the vali, and i've ordered one just to see for myself, i love schiit products, i've owned several pieces ,
one advantage with the little dot is tube rolling getting different sound characteristics with different tubes, and you can swap op amps too, for even more variety.
with the vali, tubes are hard wired in, so no rolling of the tubes

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #10,626 of 65,858
I've never heard a Grado before, but as I like stoner rock, Doom Metal and post rock I though I might as well try one in the near future. I've got my electronic desires sated for now. I'm also interested in the "infamous" PS1000 or at least seems so in this site. It might turn out to be a gem for me
gs1000.gif
~ but the MS Pro seems to tickle my fancy

Quote:
  she thought I was spending too much money on audio gear, and yet, she owned 35 pairs of shoes, (I counted them)

I'm the worst of both worlds. I'm got into better audio via getting a V Moda M-100. Then now into high end cans and now I'm looking at ToTL models. I also own about 20 pairs of boots let alone flats and heels (something like a UNIF Reaper or Jeffrey Campbell Lita costs as much as a good can 
biggrin.gif
). My boyfriend would be grateful that I'm working full time to pay for my "hobbies" ~ he already struggles to understand.

He has his own collectors thing and is constantly buying movie and TV show box sets along with a large amount sporting merchandise, memorabilia and such ~ particularly in to Rugby + Cricket but also heaps of other leagues from US of A and Australia. I think he owns over 300 Movies and some 30+ complete shows.

We seem to go alright with our hobbies, he certainly doesn't complain about listening to my headphones that is for sure
L3000.gif

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #10,627 of 65,858
I think Grados are a great match for stoner rock and doom except the PS500. Any of the SR and RS models would be good. Just get the one that suits your budget. My persnal favorite is the RS1 with taped L cush pads for stoner/doom. Mine is an older RS1 but I'm sure the newer RS1i would be just as good.

The RS1 is what I use when I'm scrutinizing our recordings.

Nov 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #10,628 of 65,858

I'm the worst of both worlds. I'm got into better audio via getting a V Moda M-100. Then now into high end cans and now I'm looking at ToTL models. I also own about 20 pairs of boots let alone flats and heels (something like a UNIF Reaper or Jeffrey Campbell Lita costs as much as a good can 
biggrin.gif
). My boyfriend would be grateful that I'm working full time to pay for my "hobbies" ~ he already struggles to understand.

He has his own collectors thing and is constantly buying movie and TV show box sets along with a large amount sporting merchandise, memorabilia and such ~ particularly in to Rugby + Cricket but also heaps of other leagues from US of A and Australia. I think he owns over 300 Movies and some 30+ complete shows.

We seem to go alright with our hobbies, he certainly doesn't complain about listening to my headphones that is for sure
L3000.gif

Look out fellas! Its a..a..a...GIRL!

LMAO, all kidding aside, we all have interests that conflict with our spouses in some way, shape or form. The negotiations to get my "skanky, dusty records" a few levels in the shelves in the office that opens on our living room were extended to say the least.

She does love the sound of my woodied Grados though, and my little girl loves to try them out. Now I just have to learn to appreciate watching an episode of "Sophia the First" or going shopping for clothes.

Nov 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #10,629 of 65,858
AWW YES!

just won a bidding for an Grado RA 1 amplifier.

I hope i'll have it by wednesday.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #10,630 of 65,858

Look out fellas! Its a..a..a...GIRL!

LMAO, all kidding aside, we all have interests that conflict with our spouses in some way, shape or form. The negotiations to get my "skanky, dusty records" a few levels in the shelves in the office that opens on our living room were extended to say the least.

She does love the sound of my woodied Grados though, and my little girl loves to try them out. Now I just have to learn to appreciate watching an episode of "Sophia the First" or going shopping for clothes.

life's all about give and take !!

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #10,632 of 65,858
Nov 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #10,633 of 65,858
My ex wife's motto was, ''your money is our money and my money is my money''.

Even when my horoscope said, ''today is your lucky day'' she'd still make it home from work, she must have read my horoscope those days too, and was extra careful crossing the street.

I'm glad my babling regarding the GS1000i and RS1i could be of some help. For some reason, the GS1000i don't seem to get much love, especially compared to the RS1i. I think that the GS1000i represent a pretty good value, certainly much better than the PS1000.

Here's some more babling, I think that a lot of it has to do with where we're coming from, for example, before I got into Grados, I used to own Senns HD600, wich had a big soundstage and ressesed mids, so, when I heard the GS1000, I still got the big soundstage and resessed mids, plus I was hearing détails that I'd never heard with the HD600.

The same is true for people who are used to headphones that have an intimate sonic presentation, they might be put off by the GS/PS1000's big  soundstage and resessed mids.

I hope some of this makes sense to some of you, otherwise I just wasted my time and yours, so if that's the case, I apologize.

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #10,634 of 65,858

Even when my horoscope said, ''today is your lucky day'' she'd still make it home from work, she must have read my horoscope those days too, and was extra careful crossing the street.

I'm glad my babling regarding the GS1000i and RS1i could be of some help. For some reason, the GS1000i don't seem to get much love, especially compared to the RS1i. I think that the GS1000i represent a pretty good value, certainly much better than the PS1000.

Here's some more babling, I think that a lot of it has to do with where we're coming from, for example, before I got into Grados, I used to own Senns HD600, wich had a big soundstage and ressesed mids, so, when I heard the GS1000, I still got the big soundstage and resessed mids, plus I was hearing détails that I'd never heard with the HD600.

The same is true for people who are used to headphones that have an intimate sonic presentation, they might be put off by the GS/PS1000's big  soundstage and resessed mids.

I hope some of this makes sense to some of you, otherwise I just wasted my time and yours, so if that's the case, I apologize.

I think this makes total sense. The first Grado I owned was the 80i's, and I'm very use to that sound, so I know in my case I would never be able to listen to a headphone with recessed mids, dark/veiled sound or less detail (no matter what brand). I prefer that Grado sound signature from the SR/RS models, even though I've never heard the GS/PS, from what I've read they probably wouldn't suite my tastes.

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #10,635 of 65,858

that's exactly how its playing out with the lcd2's, sometimes something with them seemed to not be to my liking, but i couldn't really tell what it was, then i'd put the rs1i back on, it was the sense of intimacy !,  also, comapred to the rs1, the lcd can seem slow sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back