Grado Fan Club!
Mar 29, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #13,276 of 65,636
Mar 29, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #13,277 of 65,636
Just one word of caution with those switch boxes, they will have resistors inside. You won't get an accurate representation from the amps compared to plugging in direct. Plus you'll be using different cables (materials) and lots more contacts.. Just saying. For the sake of not switching your hp to another amp manually you will be causing a lot of damage to the sound. Soz for putting a downer on this, but I assume it would be used for sound comparison between amps? Just an old audiophile's perspective. Please forgive.  

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #13,278 of 65,636
Just one word of caution with those switch boxes, they will have resistors inside. You won't get an accurate representation from the amps compared to plugging in direct. Plus you'll be using different cables (materials) and lots more contacts.. Just saying. For the sake of not switching your hp to another amp manually you will be causing a lot of damage to the sound. Soz for putting a downer on this, but I assume it would be used for sound comparison between amps? Just an old audiophile's perspective. Please forgive.  

I would trust the fiio.

I like the one bassboysam posted simply because it's cheap, and looks easy enough to pull apart and modify....just something to play with!

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #13,280 of 65,636
Oh yes I understand :) ^^^ Also, It totally makes sense for one of our established manufacturers to make one and I think fiio make quality gear for the price. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #13,282 of 65,636
  My PS500s came today. WOW.

I'm only a month into my hifi journal and I've heard the sr60i, MS1i, sr225i and now the PS500.

I fell in love with my sr60is and have prefered them over both the Fidelio X1s and the Beyerdynamic dt880s. I've given in - I guess I'm a Gradophile for now.

As much as I've enjoyed my sr60is, I have to say - these PS500s are on a different level. Price-wise, I guess they should be, but I wasn't expecting the jump in quality. These headphone are much more serious to me. I'm blown away.

Based on my shortly exposure to hifi, I probably don't have any credibility to recommend these, but even so - I highly recommend these :) I'd love to talk specifics if anybody is curious.

In some ways you have more credibility as a new member.  The sincerity of the excitement is one of the best ways to recommend a headphone!

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #13,288 of 65,636
Certainly is bro 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back