Grado Fan Club!
Mar 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #12,661 of 65,633
  I know I am late to the party here but:

325i's were to bright for me (maybe I should send my pair to joseph69 for comparison?), they are just sitting in their box...

RS1i's were just, I don't know, 'off?' to me, something not quite right to my ears.

PS500's are the ones for me, with G cush.

I auditioned them all at the same time and the PS500 came out the winner.

Interesting! To each his own my friend. Everyone's ears are different so as long as you let them be the judge, you surely can't go wrong.

Mar 9, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #12,662 of 65,633
  Here are some pic's of the WA6 with 1/4" oak side panels, after trying out the brown floor laminate, which looked very cheesy, but I did like the idea of the wood side panels on the WA6, as some amps do come with from the factory. 
My father did the cutting and radius to match the face plate looking straight on. Due too my vision, I only came up with the idea/color to go with the brushed/flat aluminum body of the Woo. I also intend to do the transformers top cover, and possibly the face of the volumeknob, I don't want the wood to be overkill! I used Martha Stewarts (BARN RED) from Home Depot since I could not find a stain in the (RED) I was trying too achieve. Wearing a vinyl glove, I wiped the paint on with my fingers then immediately wiped it off with a cotton T-shirt, repeating this 3 times, until I achieved the color I was looking for. 

damn joseph, thats puuuuurrrrrrrdy

Mar 9, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #12,663 of 65,633
  Wow
eek.gif

Very nice , Joseph....I really love the look.

I can't wait to see it when you get finished, and it looks beautiful, as is.

Thanks, I always thought wood panels add a touch of class too an amp, like the MAD.

What driver tubes are you using in the WA6?

1966 Sylvania 6SN7WGT's, and I just put the S/P 274B back in after a week of listening with the Mullard 5V4G/GZ32.

I know I am late to the party here but:

325i's were to bright for me (maybe I should send my pair to joseph69 for comparison?), they are just sitting in their box...

RS1i's were just, I don't know, 'off?' to me, something not quite right to my ears.

PS500's are the ones for me, with G cush.

If your interested in hearing mine, vise versa, PM me, I don't mind, as long as you treat them nice!

damn joseph, thats puuuuurrrrrrrdy

Thanks Jay, I appreciate the compliment from you and everyone else! I thought it needed some real wood panels. I'll show some more pic's after the transformer cover gets made.
Anything on the WA6 SE?

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #12,664 of 65,633
  Thanks, I always thought wood panels add a touch of class too an amp, like the MAD.

1966 Sylvania 6SN7WGT's, and I just put the S/P 274B back in after a week of listening with the Mullard 5V4G/GZ32.

If your interested in hearing mine, vise versa, PM me, I don't mind, as long as you treat them nice!

Thanks Jay, I appreciate the compliment from you and everyone else! I thought it needed some real wood panels. I'll show some more pic's after the transformer cover gets made.
Anything on the WA6 SE?

i decided to pass(for now!!)

i made a deal on an alpha dog from the classifieds , i've got very good amps, and the alpha was cheaper the the wa6se , i NEED a closed can, i don't NEED an amp, thats what whirlwind said !!

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #12,665 of 65,633

i made a deal on an alpha dog from the classifieds , i've got very good amps, and the alpha was cheaper the the wa6se , i NEED a closed can, i don't NEED an amp, thats what whirlwind said !!

Alphas!

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #12,666 of 65,633

Well in fact you do have some awesome amps on hand, so you might as well enjoy them, plus the WA6 SE isn't going anywhere, you can always pick one up in the future, (which I'm sure you will)!
Congratulations on the Alpha Dogs, I've read a lot of people really like them.
I just realized, if I had a nickel for every time you bought/sold/traded something, I'd be rich LOL... good for you enjoy!

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #12,669 of 65,633
Never late to the party!!
Anyway, I auditioned the PS500 & RS1i and walked away with the PS500. Really, really tried to love them for 29 days and on the 30th, exchanged them for the RS1i.  Never looked back.
Anyway, enjoy!!
Quote:

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #12,670 of 65,633
  Well in fact you do have some awesome amps on hand, so you might as well enjoy them, plus the WA6 SE isn't going anywhere, you can always pick one up in the future, (which I'm sure you will)!
Congratulations on the Alpha Dogs, I've read a lot of people really like them.
I just realized, if I had a nickel for every time you bought/sold/traded something, I'd be rich LOL... good for you enjoy!

if i had a nickle, every time i did to, i'd have a few more nickels myself !

i spent some time today, straightening up the rack, routing cables better, getting ready for the long haul

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #12,672 of 65,633
hi!

would love to join this club! 
gs1000.gif

currently own Grado PS1000 & Grado SR225i!

loves grado so much! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #12,675 of 65,633
Hey guys. I'm currently running macbook pro---fiio e10---little dot 1+ (with tube/op amp upgrade)----Magnums.

I am about to be receiving a pair of 325i's. I'm about to have some extra cash in the upcoming weeks and was curious if I should upgrade my DAC. I love my LD1+ and see no reason to upgrade this portion of my setup. I have been looking into either getting an ODAC, or perhaps a Schiit Modi. Would these be an audible upgrade from my e10? Does anyone have this setup? I could sell my e10 for around 50 buck and then only pay around 50 or so for the ODAC or Mobi. Would this upgrade warrant the 50 bucks I'd be spending or should I just be complacent with my current set up? Would love to hear some feedback. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back