Grado Fan Club!
Jan 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #6,166 of 65,819
Quote:
I'm also interested in this MAD headphone amp, can you guy's tell me the price and the exact model you are talking about , so I can do some further research? Thanks.

looks like very close to $800 assembled and shipped to the U.S.
size]
 ....time to sell some stuff and save me pennies
size]

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #6,167 of 65,819
I havent had an MAD headamp yet, but I can tell you that Dr.P is a great guy and very helpful if you shoot an email off to him. I bought my first tube preamp from MAD and it was an amazing experience. I often regret selling it cause it was a beautiful piece. 

+1... The Doc is great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #6,168 of 65,819
Quote:
I'm also interested in this MAD headphone amp, can you guy's tell me the price and the exact model you are talking about , so I can do some further research? Thanks.

Here you go...simply the best Grado amp I've heard:

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/

The MAD Ear+HD with stock tubes runs $760. But you'll want to upgrade the 12AX7/5751 stock Sovtek pretty quick. 
size]

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #6,170 of 65,819
Doe's anybody know if Grado replaced the SR325is (sparkle silver) with (black) ear cup's? I'm asking because there is a guy claiming to have a pair of 325is's with black ear cup's for sale on eBay. I know way back they made the ear cup's black, but they where not (is) model's.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #6,171 of 65,819
Quote:
Here you go...simply the best Grado amp I've heard:

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/

The MAD Ear+HD with stock tubes runs $760. But you'll want to upgrade the 12AX7/5751 stock Sovtek pretty quick. 
size]

Your Raptors played a great game and almost pulled it out P....
beerchug.gif

I have tried a few on the Ear + HD but my favorite is the 7025 tube.  Smoooooth...

Cheers!!!

A little Grados MAD love....

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #6,172 of 65,819
Quote:

Your Raptors played a great game and almost pulled it out P....
beerchug.gif

I have tried a few on the Ear + HD but my favorite is the 7025 tube.  Smoooooth...

Cheers!!!

A little Grados MAD love....

Almost! LoL, but I was busy watching the Leaf game tonight (we beat the Penguins 5-2). Oh well, at least we beat the Lakers over the weekend.

Love the photos! Great combo and one for the ages the RS1/EAR+HD!

The 7025 Sylvania is a fantastic tube too!

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #6,178 of 65,819
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, it turns out the guy states they are black, but then states he meant the headband was black.
I thought maybe Grado changed the color of the cups. Thanks.

Black Metal Grado 325.
The very first edition from 1993, predating the first RS1.
John made very few black anodized cups before switching to silver.
Mine have pink drivers but some had HP1000 drivers.

The black metal cups are larger (deeper) than the plastic cups from the same year.
Same size as the early 325 and MS2 cups

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #6,179 of 65,819
Very nice, thanks for the pictures, I actually have Grado 325is driver's in Alessandro MS2i cup's because a Friend and I switched driver's for personal sound preferences, but I kept the MS2i cups because I liked them button less.
I may one day black powder coat the cup's, there really nice in black, I have the latest (sparkle silver) which is just OK looking IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back