Grado Fan Club!
May 19, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #24,886 of 65,930

If it makes you feel any better, my wife opened the box that I bought from you a couple of weeks ago.

I came home from work and there sat the headphones on the table......opened.

hahaha, oh man I'm glad my wife hasn't done that to me in a long time! I do catch some looks from her sometimes. She can spot a different (new) headphone on my head from a mile away!

Btw, that little list I had tallied up was over $4k. That wasn't including what I plan to keep, like the Ps1k, Rs1, GS-1, Mad Ear+ and the Concero HP!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am guessing she was making her own shopping list, in her head, all while tallying up those numbers on your scratch pad  
tongue.gif

May 19, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #24,887 of 65,930

Hmmm... I have to ask, what were you powering the GS1K with when you came to that conclusion? When I last auditioned a GS1000e, I was using my NAD D 1050 and I cranked it up - LOUD - and it sounded absolutely fantastic. So much so, that the GS1Ke tops my short-list of next set of cans.

Just curious...

Great point.  My rig is in my signature, but just to brag again, because I love it: the Burson Soloist.

I think this has FAR more to do with personal preference than the amp.  I wanted low-volume awesomeness, and the GS1Ke fit the bill, although ultimately I did not buy them. Not that much money at the time, and in the end I think the Alpha Prime is a better all-around headphone.  And it's closed.

May 19, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #24,888 of 65,930
hahaha, oh man I'm glad my wife hasn't done that to me in a long time! I do catch some looks from her sometimes. She can spot a different (new) headphone on my head from a mile away!

Btw, that little list I had tallied up was over $4k. That wasn't including what I plan to keep, like the Ps1k, Rs1, GS-1, Mad Ear+ and the Concero HP!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am guessing she was making her own shopping list, in her head, all while tallying up those numbers on your scratch pad  
tongue.gif

pfff, I think she stays (mostly) off my back because she knows she spends quite a bit too! I'm guessing shes got more purses than I've got headphones!

May 19, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #24,889 of 65,930
Sorry guys, soon I will be leaving the Grado Fan Club although I maintain a fan. Have to sell my Grado RS1i and Mad Ear + HD Purist to fund other stuff. :frowning2:
For Gods sake man don't sell your RS1i's.

May 19, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #24,890 of 65,930
pfff, I think she stays (mostly) off my back because she knows she spends quite a bit too! I'm guessing shes got more purses than I've got headphones!
I've always been confused why women need so many handbags. I have one nice oxblood colored briefcase that I've used for over 20 years, never felt any need to get another.

May 19, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #24,891 of 65,930

I've always been confused why women need so many handbags. I have one nice oxblood colored briefcase that I've used for over 20 years, never felt any need to get another.

who knows!? from what I've gather, it has to do with the seasons and what's in style atm! 
confused_face_2.gif

tongue.gif

May 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #24,892 of 65,930
  Great point.  My rig is in my signature, but just to brag again, because I love it: the Burson Soloist.

The Burson looks like a nice amp and I've read great reviews; congrats!

May 19, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #24,893 of 65,930

It might iterrest you to know that the Devil can take many forms, including the form of an Angel, ask me how I know.
evil_smiley.gif

A little worried what I might hear, but I just gotta ask.........how do you know..
confused_face_2.gif

May 19, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #24,894 of 65,930
  Ha!  

Only on head-fi would a guy get so much support  
tongue.gif

I am there for you Man, oh and you too @wormsdriver, no need to upset the little Lady and tell her how much you have invested in your equipment.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 19, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #24,895 of 65,930

I am with you on that one, have a Coach Briefcase that a former employer gave me, about 20 years ago...should be good for another 20, me probably not. 
wink_face.gif

May 19, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #24,896 of 65,930

Women probably as confused, as to why we need so many pairs of headphones.
wink.gif

By the way, the reason why women ''need'' so many handbags, is because they own many pairs of shoes, and since the handbag has to match the shoes.....well !.

May 19, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #24,897 of 65,930

Women probably as confused, as to why we need so many pairs of headphones.
wink.gif

By the way, the reason why women ''need'' so many handbags, is because they own many pairs of shoes, and since the handbag has to match the shoes.....well !.

I hope we're not all hating on women.  Oh, women are confused?  But men, not so much.

May 19, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #24,898 of 65,930
I like to have my headphones on stands, because their always ready to go. Lately I've bought more headphones than stands, so I had to improvise something with clothes hangers, not very classy.

Today I built myself two new stands that can hold two pairs ovf headphones each. They're very sophisticatd, and are the exact same color as my Bushmills.

I used a paper towel rack, part of a wooden clothes hanger, a wooden tooth pick and old wooden nobs that I had kept when I threw away the piece of furniture that they came from.

Oh! and I also had a plaque engraved, for my Bushmills's custom wooden box.

May 19, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #24,899 of 65,930
  Today I built myself two new stands that can hold two pairs ovf headphones each. They're very sophisticatd, and are the exact same color as my Bushmills.
Oh! and I also had a plaque engraved, for my Bushmills's custom wooden box.

Very nice!
I also really like the engraved plaque.

May 19, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #24,900 of 65,930
  Very nice!
I also really like the engraved plaque.

Thanks Joseph, and call me crazy, but since the headphone stands, are the exact same color as the Bushmills, I think that I'm going to have a similar plaque, only round, and about 2'' to 3'' in diameter. 

Hmmm!, I just realised that the damn thing looks like a crucifix.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back