Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Dec 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #376 of 771
I agree, the PS1000 could definately benefit from  some of those HP1000 style metal rod blocks. When I'm not using my PS1000 to either, listen to music, or train my biceps, I always lay them down flat to avoid putting undue stress on the plastic blocks.

The Bushmills being the novelty headphones in the house, they have gotten a lot of head time recently, but with all this talk about the PS1000, I suddenly have the urge to use them,  so if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my neck brace. and steel toe boots, we can never be too careaful

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #377 of 771
  I agree, the PS1000 could definately benefit from  some of those HP1000 style metal rod blocks. When I'm not using my PS1000 to either, listen to music, or train my biceps, I always lay them down flat to avoid putting undue stress on the plastic blocks.

The Bushmills being the novelty headphones in the house, they have gotten a lot of head time recently, but with all this talk about the PS1000, I suddenly have the urge to use them,  so if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my neck brace. and steel toe boots, we can never be too careaful

your avatar is missing something...

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #378 of 771

Bit heavy I take it :p
I had this same problem with my lcd2s.
Always joked about needing a neck brace... Until I actually hurt my neck and couldn't use them anymore :frowning2:
I miss them.

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #379 of 771
Yeah Stacker....get them Bushmills in your avatar....they feel left out. 
smile.gif

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #380 of 771
I have to slightly retract my earlier statement. There is more of a difference between the Bushmills and RS1 than i initially thought. The RS1 is so much more 3 dimensional and instrument separation is a lot better. Makes me crave a vented version of the RS1 even more. The one thing I really notice going back and forth is the sub bass on the Bushmills is really great and that's the only thing the RS1 is lacking.

Grados can have sub bass?  I owned PS500.  Not noticeable.

PS  I'm a Grado fanman.

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #381 of 771
You guys are right, I've been so busy enjoying the Busmills, that I forgot to take a new pictrue for my avatar.

Oh!, and I'll update my sig, while I'm at it.

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #384 of 771
imackler,

I ordered from the second batch on Wed. 12-18-13. I called Turntable Lab on Fri. 12-20-13 and they said they would probably ship it out on Mon. 12-23-13. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to ship it if they have it in stock. On their FAQ it says they will ship it out in 1 business day. Clearly this is not the case. I wonder what the experience has been for the first batch. This means I won't get it in time for Christmas. But, I look forward to getting it soon enough. I want to compare it to the SR80, SR225i, RS1i, and Alessandro MS1i.

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #385 of 771
Yeah I don't know what is taking them so long for shipping. Kind of ridiculous to take that long to process some orders if you already have the item. I feel like they should do free overnight shipping. Excited to compare to the 225i though.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #387 of 771
How do these compare to the RS1i's? If the difference is not that much, i maybe get these instead, as they are half the price..

I thought they were similar at first but listening to the same songs on both, the RS1 just does everything better except if you want the additional bass of the BxG. Is it worth the price difference? For the average listener probably not. For someone on head-fi? Maybe.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #388 of 771
I thought they were similar at first but listening to the same songs on both, the RS1 just does everything better except if you want the additional bass of the BxG. Is it worth the price difference? For the average listener probably not. For someone on head-fi? Maybe.

Thanks for the answers. Is the second batch already available on Turntable lab? They will ship these outside of USA right? Kinda lame Grado only ships inside USA..

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #389 of 771
  imackler,

I ordered from the second batch on Wed. 12-18-13. I called Turntable Lab on Fri. 12-20-13 and they said they would probably ship it out on Mon. 12-23-13. I'm not sure why it's taking so long to ship it if they have it in stock. On their FAQ it says they will ship it out in 1 business day. Clearly this is not the case. I wonder what the experience has been for the first batch. This means I won't get it in time for Christmas. But, I look forward to getting it soon enough. I want to compare it to the SR80, SR225i, RS1i, and Alessandro MS1i.

Thanks a ton! That is honestly way better than I was hoping! 

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #390 of 771
  Thanks for the answers. Is the second batch already available on Turntable lab? They will ship these outside of USA right? Kinda lame Grado only ships inside USA..

They came and have gone for the second time like what 3 days ago now...sorry you missed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back