Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Jan 11, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #556 of 771
Could you elaborate on the reason(s) you have decided not to keep the Bushmills?

To be quite honest, I just wanted to hear them being they where a vented Grado model. I own the 80i's 325is's and the RS1i's, and I am very satisfied with each of the differences in these three headphones. So I would say that my curiosity at the time got the best of me. When I saw the second batch being released I bought a pair. BTW, I knew about the first batch very early that morning, but didn't bother to buy them, but then when I saw how fast they sold out, I didn't pass the opportunity with the second batch, I actually bought the second to last pair sold. I listened to them for about 8hrs, and they sounded really nice right out of the box. I repackaged them and will most probably sell them or hold on to them for a while and see if they become a collectors edition, I don't know.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #557 of 771
  Seems like they are a limited edition, any comparison to your RS1i

Well like I said I only listened to them for about 8hrs total over a couple of days, no I didn't feel they are any comparison to the RS1i's or to any of the other models I own. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way they sounded, the low frequencies where more pronounced, the mid-range was very smooth and sweet sounding but yet forward, and the high frequencies where pretty much laid back more than my other models, but they definitely sound like a Grado, and I would assume they would only sound better after some nice burn-in time, like all my other models did.

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #561 of 771
After checking other websites  Grado Bushmills in unopened boxes sold for around $580 dollars. Those in decent used condition should go for $450 - $500. Probably a good time for owners to sell now, looking at other grados such as the HF2 they seem to sell for less than retail price now.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #562 of 771
  After checking other websites  Grado Bushmills in unopened boxes sold for around $580 dollars. Those in decent used condition should go for $450 - $500. Probably a good time for owners to sell now, looking at other grados such as the HF2 they seem to sell for less than retail price now.

What do you mean by "unopened boxe"?
Do you mean the box that it shipped in hasn't been opened?
Only asking because the wooden box the headphones are in are not sealed in any way at all. All you do is slide the plexiglass to take the headphones out, and there isn't even a seal on that. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #563 of 771
  What do you mean by "unopened boxe"?
Do you mean the box that it shipped in hasn't been opened?
Only asking because the wooden box the headphones are in are not sealed in any way at all. All you do is slide the plexiglass to take the headphones out, and there isn't even a seal on that. 

by unopened box, I am assuming they mean that they never took the headphones out of the wooden box.  Though one of the sellers I looked at claims to have listened to them once, and it seems to have sold for $585. (if the buyer paid)

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #564 of 771
  by unopened box, I am assuming they mean that they never took the headphones out of the wooden box.  Though one of the sellers I looked at claims to have listened to them once, and it seems to have sold for $585. (if the buyer paid)

Yes, the only way to tell if they where never listened to is if thee shipping box was unopened, otherwise like I said, there is no seal on the wooden box what so ever, so they can be listened to and placed back in the wooden box without one knowing.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #565 of 771
  I asked sell price.  

Yeah, he should just post the price. It's not ebay. We're not supposed to flip to make a profit. I bet if he listed what he paid, they'd be gone in a minute.

Its called an IC or Interest check to see if I get offered something I wanted or peaked my Interest :wink: And something has and they are now traded.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #566 of 771

Its called an IC or Interest check to see if I get offered something I wanted or peaked my Interest :wink: And something has and they are now traded.

My bad. I just saw the "for sale" and the request for offers and assumed money was intended. What did you trade for? Did you get the Hifiman you were looking for? 

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #570 of 771
Hi , i just want to know about the warranty of the BSX Grado , i have bought from Ebay , and i don't see any Warranty card inside the wooden box . Thank you

I don't believe they're covered by warranty -officcially-, as you bought them from eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back