Grado 325i V Alessandro Music Series 2
Feb 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mr.P

New Head-Fier
Hello , can anyone tell me what the difference between the Grado 325i and the Alessandro Music Series 2 Headphones are please , because the specs are the same . Many Thanks.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm curious too, but I know I've seen them compared in previous threads. As far as I can recall the 325i tends to be a little hot in the treble where the Alessandro is more polite. I don't recall what the other differences are. At least one person said there was something special about the 325i they liked.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Welcome to Head-Fi by the way!  Hmm, let's see.. from what I've read the Alessandros generally have a more neutral sound signature compared to regular Grados.  While they still retain the great midranged centric sound, they're not quite as bright.  It's interesting you ask about the SR325is because many have said that they're the brightest of the Grado line.  It's safe to assume that the Alessandro version is a bit more mellow.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 6
They are the same phone in terms of drivers and design, but the Alessandro has been tweaked slightly to produce a slightly more balanced sound, ie slightly less forward treble, mids and midbass. I would much rather prefer the MS2 over the 325i.

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 6
What everyone else has said so far. 
smile_phones.gif
  I had both.  Really didn't like the SR325i's at all.  Way too bright.  But I still have my MS2i's.

Feb 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 6
The 325's are HAWT...they are in your face, no holds barred, take no prisoners, kick you in the ass, awesome headphones. Alessandros are...well...they want to grow up to be Grados.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back