Grado 125i pads
Jan 28, 2010 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

GreatoGrado

Head-Fier
Hello All,

I have been listening to my new grados and love them.
dt880smile.png
but I was wondering if I should buy the bowls. I don't really care if they are less comfortable than the comfies. I have heard bowls are better, but are the cans tuned for comfies? will it sound annoyingly bright because of tuning? or what about some cheap senn HD 414 pads modded? please post your answers and personal opinions. I know that sound is based on personal preference, but I just want a general opinion
normal_smile .gif

Thanks,

GreatoGrado

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatoGrado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol Cut up car sponge. If the bowls are totally worth it then i would not be cheap and make the investment

Hey now, don't knock the car sponge. I don't have any access to online monies, so I had to go that way. It's still better than comfies, so I'm not complaining.

Anyways, since they're less than $20 and do offer (from what I've read) a (relatively) significant improvement over stock, you might as well.

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #7 of 15
Don't quote me on any of this since it's going off my poor memory:

The 125i includes updated drivers, comfies instead of bowls, and (I think) a better cable. It may also have a larger ear cup (but that's probably just the MS1i).

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatoGrado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So none under 20

I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression; I thought that the bowls could be purchased for $15. Evidently, they cannot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back