GR07 - Tips Thread
Sep 18, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #346 of 349
Dare I give a thread an over a year bump? Time to duck and cover!

I need to replace my stock foam tips, they're by far my favourite in terms of fit/comfort (I went back to the stock silicone tips for a second which sound more open, but all of them irritate my ears quickly). One of the tips is fine, but the other just doesn't compress and expands very quickly which makes it an annoyance to try and fit. I was going to just simply buy a replacement set of VSONIC foams from Penon, but I don't want to have the same problem. Also, has anyone tried the universal ones they have in stock with the GR07? And the soft VSONIC tips?

I can't find an ebay listing for the mandarine tips that were well liked in this thread. Also, it seemed like everyone was waiting for the Comply tips that fit, but then they got announced and there was no follow-up! Are they the best option for foams?

I did try and go back to the start of the thread, but a lot of the links were dead. Thank you for your summary post though @arunbupathy.

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #347 of 349
Dare I give a thread an over a year bump? Time to duck and cover!

I need to replace my stock foam tips, they're by far my favourite in terms of fit/comfort (I went back to the stock silicone tips for a second which sound more open, but all of them irritate my ears quickly). One of the tips is fine, but the other just doesn't compress and expands very quickly which makes it an annoyance to try and fit. I was going to just simply buy a replacement set of VSONIC foams from Penon, but I don't want to have the same problem. Also, has anyone tried the universal ones they have in stock with the GR07? And the soft VSONIC tips?

I can't find an ebay listing for the mandarine tips that were well liked in this thread. Also, it seemed like everyone was waiting for the Comply tips that fit, but then they got announced and there was no follow-up! Are they the best option for foams?

I did try and go back to the start of the thread, but a lot of the links were dead. Thank you for your summary post though @arunbupathy.

If you do go comply, you could always bump the treble up a touch from your device.

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #349 of 349
Is anybody tried spinfit tips?

I just received a pair of GR07 Bass 2018s today :)

For me, SpinFits (CP100-L) provide a tighter seal than the largest stock silicone tips but I'm finding it hard to get the combination of flexible SpinFits and swiveling nozzle to fit my ears correctly. Also, the CP100s don't fit on the nozzles as tightly as I'm used to seeing (I think they're probably okay though) and the smaller diameter CP800s are too small to fit on the nozzle.

I'm also testing JVC Spiral Dots (EP-FX9ML-B) that so far provide the best seal and comfort. The Spiral Dots are shorter than the SpinFits and stock silicone tips (FYI, the SpinFits are slightly shorter than the stock tips), have a wider aperture, and are more compliant at the aperture.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back