Got R 909 Cool
May 25, 2002 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blr

500+ Head-Fier
Bought the 909 today.
Perhaps will write a review later (not really necessary when we have the excellent review of mr. Yoon) but just in a word it is a great recorder. I spent some time today comparing it to my Sharp MT 866 and the Sony appear to have crispier more upfront sound, not really big difference though. The possibility to tweak the sound via the sound presets, however is really great. Just set the treble to +1 with E888 and everything sounds fantastic.
I guess I'm happy with the new toy.

May 25, 2002 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 4
These high-end Sony recorders are something special. I've been using my R909 for about nine months, now, and it's been nothing but MD bliss. Yes, the bass/treble control is really a necessity on portables, IMHO, certainly beats the tar out of MegaBass boost.

Too bad Sony wouldn't put this feature on their PCDPs!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2002 at 9:58 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Superbaldguy
Yes, the bass/treble control is really a necessity on portables, IMHO, certainly beats the tar out of MegaBass boost.

Too bad Sony wouldn't put this feature on their PCDPs!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, given the fact that both e888 and mx 500 are rather warm sounding, the treble boost is nice. Also for ex 70 setting both the bass and the treble to -1 makes them much more balanced. I agree, it would be nice to see this feature in some PCDP as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back