GOT MY SPEAKERS!
Jul 9, 2001 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Flumpus

Needs more Soylent Greento become Omega Man
GOT MY SPEAKERS!!!!!!!!!!! They sound AMAZING! I also got a Rotel RA-972 integrated amp...anyway...WOW! I'm a little excited, just had to tell someone. They are wonderful. They can easily compete with my headphones...mmmmmm, back to listening.

BTW, if you hadn't seen my other posts, they're Sonus Faber Concertinos, and they're beautiful!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2001 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 25
Congratulations, Flumpus. Good speakers do provide a different listening experience...........just don't go auditioning!
wink.gif

It sounds like you're thrilled with your choice................happy listening!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2001 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 25
Hehe...I've already gone auditioning, but for the size of my room, these sound just amazing. I was used to headphone imaging, and really bad computer speaker imaging... There's just a world of difference with these. Gosh, I'm still floored
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2001 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 25
Got 'em from tweeter for $800... I guess it's a pretty good deal, I couldn't find 'em cheaper. No one post if you do find them cheaper, I'll feel dumb :p

Jul 10, 2001 at 12:53 AM Post #8 of 25
Congrats, Flumpus! Hey, how low in the bass do those guys go? Are you using a sub-woofer as well?

Jul 10, 2001 at 12:59 AM Post #9 of 25
Glad you asked about the bass
smily_headphones1.gif

My roommate came in from the other room and was surprised that I got a sub too, but the thing is, I didn't. The frequency response graph for my speakers (MINE, not generic, but MINE...hehe, it comes with 'em) shows a very flat line all the way down to around 60hz, then drops off a little until 50, then drops off pretty fast. They sound phenominal, and in the small space of my bedroom, I'm thinking I won't get a sub. Unless money just falls in my lap
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh ya, I am bypassing tone controls on my amp. I don't need them, the balance is great right now.

Jul 10, 2001 at 1:15 AM Post #13 of 25
Hehe... I knew you were gonna ask me that, and I had purposely not said
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm using Monster Cable (MCX-1s) with the banana plugs... These are my first real speakers, so I haven't experimented. I am going to make some DIY Cat5 speaker cable 'cause I have plenty of cat5
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2001 at 3:44 AM Post #15 of 25
Flumpus, are you ready to update your impressions? I'm very interested in those speakers. What kind of music do you listen to, and how do you find the bass response now?

I lean towards the classic JBL sound (i'm a dum-bass sometimes). Do you think those speakers can deliver a strong but not overly exagerated tight bass impact?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back