Got my K340~
Jun 22, 2005 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

palchiu

500+ Head-Fier
After 70 days traveling from Germany, finally the K340 come to my place.
biggrin.gif

But pre-owner could be a big smoking gun, smell like a smoking room in the air port.....smokers will know that smell.

Some elastic band between headband and headphone was so loose. I need make a phone call with AKG dealer.

Anyway, the K340 still working fine.
biggrin.gif
Sounds very special!!!

Pics

035.jpg

037.jpg

Jun 22, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 8
i was so tempted to photoshop a little voice bubble in that second pic where the K340 would be saying "Smokin'!" but I refrained
icon10.gif
Congrats on the new cans, let us know what you think!

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 8
Congrats. Could you crank the volume up with all your amps (PPX, Dynalo, Little Dot) and let us know how well they drive K340? K340 seems to be an extremely tough load to drive properly. On my SuperMacro v.3, K340 requires almost as much volume knob turn as AKG K1000 ("nude" mod)!! In fact, K340 IS a toughter load than K1000 b/c it's 400 Ohms vs. 120.

I just did the K340 crossover bypass mod + recabling with Jena Labs cable yesterday and left it burning it overnight. We'll see.

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 8
Congrats on the new headphones palchiu!
moddedk340smiley.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
I just did the K340 crossover bypass mod + recabling with Jena Labs cable yesterday and left it burning it overnight. We'll see.

Can't wait to hear what you think... did you also remove the cotton material and close the back where the wires come in with two pieces of electrical tape [crossed in an X]?

Jun 22, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm not sure what the best way to clean the electret would be though... be carefull.
confused.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by palchiu
Some elastic band between headband and headphone was so loose. I need make a phone call with AKG dealer.

There's a very cheap and simple fix for that problem that you can do yourself. First, undo the screw that holds on the headband, you'll see a small plastic part with an elastic attached to it. You'll now have a rough idea of the size of elastic you need. Next, head to the local drugstore and look for women's hair elastics. Then you replace the old plastic/elastic assembly with the hair elastic and you're done.

Jun 23, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks everyone!!!
biggrin.gif

I'll clean the K340 first, that smell was.....
eek.gif

Open it and replace the elastic bands, then try some mod.s like you did.

The LD2 was not have enough power with K340, PPX3-6SN7 was much better with K340.

Maybe I need to make a adapter to connecting with speaker amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back