Got my GILMORE LITE amp today
Sep 19, 2006 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I got my GILMORE LITE AMP today. I am using the DIMARZIO INTERCONNECTS with it and my NAD C542 HDCD player and my SENN. 650.
The amp is very clear sounding with a very nice sound stage. The 650 seems to really like the amp and the amp opens up the 650 with no hint of a veil. I am hearing a great mix of frequency's with the 650 that the amp has open up. At the very low cost of the amp I find it to be a great deal. Thanks JUSTIN.

Sep 20, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 34
yup love my gilmore lite. never use to be able to sit for more than an hour listening to music until i got this. now i love lying in bed thinking about all the time ive wasted not listening to quality audio.

Sep 20, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 34
Good get Lou .... I hope you enjoy your amp a long time. The senn 650's and the Gilmore Lite are an excellent pairing.
600smile.gif

Congrats to you too stukovx.
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 34
Why are you selling it already? lol

Sep 20, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 34
The GILMORE LITE AMP is a very nice amp but I prefer my stereo receiver headphone jack. My stereo receiver headphone jack has a great sound that I really like and the receiver is very strong. My NAD C542 is connected by optical cable into my receiver and I am getting CD sound from it like all my connections that are by optical cable like my TV sound. So I tried the lite amp and realized that I like my sony better. Just personal taste I guess.

Sep 20, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
you need to give stuff more time, man.

It's not like the amp is gonna change suddenly. If he doesn't like it from the start, there is very little to no chance he will ever like it. Happens to me also. Has nothing to do with the audio gear itself, but with synergy. Oh, and the burn-in argument is useless (as in nonsense).

Sep 20, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder
If he doesn't like it from the start, there is very little to no chance he will ever like it.

that's completely wrong headed, in my opinion. sometimes it takes a while for the complete picture of a piece of equipment to come into focus. it also helps to get used to a particular sound signature. this is why extended auditions are so popular and why reviews written ten minutes after someone receives their new equipment aren't taken seriously.

Sep 20, 2006 at 11:38 AM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
The GILMORE LITE AMP is a very nice amp but I prefer my stereo receiver headphone jack. My stereo receiver headphone jack has a great sound that I really like and the receiver is very strong. My NAD C542 is connected by optical cable into my receiver and I am getting CD sound from it like all my connections that are by optical cable like my TV sound. So I tried the lite amp and realized that I like my sony better. Just personal taste I guess.

I had somehow predicted that
cool.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #12 of 34
3lusiv3
HI: I totally agree with you. But even if I bought a 500-1000$ amp its not just about better sound for me. Its also about convenience. If I put my NAD and Minidisc deck on my computer desk it is then much to crowded for my taste and if I put the amp by my component system then I have to get up out of my lounge chair to adjust the volume.

My component system is very nice with all my remote controls for the volume right from my chair and the sound is just awesome for my taste. My NAD sounds just great as does my minidisc deck and my TV sound with my movies. I get great bass with my stereo receiver that really sounds great with my 650s.

Every now and then I get nuts and buy a dedicated amp only to realize that I really like the sound with my stereo receiver. The NAD makes a big difference with my CD sound and my minidisc deck is just great with my receiver and I use my minidisc deck allot.

Also out of all the dedicated amps that I have owned and I have owned quite a few of them none of them were as strong as my receiver headphone jack.

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
from what I have read of these threads, it seems the central piece of audio equipment here is the LOUNGE CHAIR
biggrin.gif

Absoutely.... why not be comfortable while listening to your music... although, I lack a "high-end" lounge chair.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back