Got bees?
Dec 26, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 20
LOL, awesome as hell. I hate bees.

"OH THE BEEMANITY"

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 20
One more lucky idiot. This guy will one day be in the emergency room pulling stunts like this with gas.

If he really wanted to kill the bees why not wait until after dark when they all return to their hive and use a commercial bee killing spray?

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 20
When I was a kid, we had this happen in our front yard. A queen landed on the ornamental pear tree and within minutes the swarm was all over it. From what I recall, it was a basketball size nodule of bees on the trunk with a few hundred flying around our front door. What scared me the most was the sound (keep in mind I was around 8 or 9 years old). My dad actually contacted a beekeeper who came out and collected them.

Regarding the idiot who tried to ignite the swarm. If those were africanized honey bees, would they have gone on the attack?

Dec 26, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more lucky idiot. This guy will one day be in the emergency room pulling stunts like this with gas.

If he really wanted to kill the bees why not wait until after dark when they all return to their hive and use a commercial bee killing spray?

quoted for truth.

i would even do it in the day if it was that bad.

Dec 26, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 20
Not the smartest choice...but the most entertaining
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the link, JMT. The poster's captions were killing me.

Dec 26, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #12 of 20
Awesome post! And some great photography for sure.

Dec 27, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #13 of 20
Thats funny as hell!! I hate bees. One stung me and my ring finger swelled up and started cutting off circulation.

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This may be a bit off-topic, but most professional pest-control companies handle bee-swarm killing with bee-suits and a sprayer filled with dish-soap and water. I've witnessed this procedure a number of times. They sometimes use a can of bee/wasp killer to knock the bees down when they're all clumped together but this just serves to let the water/soap solution penetrate to the bottom of the pile. Once the queen is dead the remaining living bees leave in a matter of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back