Got a new phone, Which bluetooth headset should I get?
Nov 23, 2011 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BattleBrat

Previously known as Blasto_Brandino.
I'm pretty sure this is a no brainer, but I'll ask anyway,
Bose Bluetooth Headset Series 2

OR

Etymotic Research etyBLU2

Price is not a factor only getting what I want.

Now the phone is a Motorola Droid RAZR, and I'm leaning toward the bose because  of the design and positive ratings (no one has really bought the etyBLU, so not much info there) I have a pair of triports and a pair of Etymotic ER4 PT's and ER6's if you ask which headphones I like more, the ER-6's are my favorite of the bunch.

Please let me know which one of the two

IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT BRAND (don't forget to suggest a specific model) TO SUGGEST, PLEASE PICK ONE OF THE TWO I'VE MENTIONED BEFORE YOU SUGGEST YOURS. THANK YOU!

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 4
I just went through a few bluetooth headsets.  The Plantronics Voyager series is good but ultimately uncomfortable.  I wear glasses and the large part of the headset that goes behind the ear ultimately became uncomfortable with extended use.  That being said, the sound quality, especially of the Voyager Plus HD was outstanding. 

I had forgotten about the Etymotic Etyblu2 mainly because it was not reviewed in CNet or the other major review sites.  A real pity because it is a great headset, and the one that I will rely on from now on.  First caveat is that I'm a long-time Etymotic user, going back to the first Bush administration and a ER-6.  I use a ER4S almost daily for music.  What this means is that I'm used to having something stuck in my ear.  If you aren't, the EtyBlu2 may not be the one for you.

With the earpiece you get a better quality sound for the incoming calls.  Also, there is some degree of isolation (but not as much as the Ety4s with Comply foam tips).  The real deal breaker in my opinion was the (long) microphone arm.  This results in a far better quality of sound for the outgoing calls.  The microphone is closer to the mouth and is better able to filter out ambient sound.  I use the mainly in my office, which has hardwood floors and a high ceiling, so there is a pronounced echo.  The EtyBlu2 was the only headset that adequately filtered out the echo (although the Voyager did a good job too, the other bluetooth headset with an arm). 

Go for the EtyBlu2.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for your input, I went with the EtyBlu 2, I'll make an appointment with an ETY friendly audiologist asap to have a custom tip made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back