Mar 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #76 of 266
Quote:
Yeah when I open the app it says "root is required blah blah blah"

Nexus 4 Toolkit
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1995688

or

Nexus Root Toolkit
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2015469

Either of those will sort you out with root access.

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #77 of 266
Mar 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #78 of 266
Mar 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #79 of 266
Try doing it from fastboot mode.

To enter fastboot mode hold the volume down key and press and hold the power button, should now be in fastboot mode, let windows install the drivers and then try runnin one of the toolkits.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #80 of 266
Got it solved!

The volume does go a bit louder now; not startlingly so, but noticeable. The overall SQ does seem to have improved. Treble seems a bit less dull (though still not crisp, this phone has a warmish tone), giving female vocals a bit more clarity and emotion, a slightly airier sound. My HD439 can go louder now without sounding distorted, and sound very nice. Great match with the TF10, too. Still can't do my DT770 LEs justice without the E11, but with it, they are actually very nice. Still not quite as dynamic and full-sounding as with my HiFiMeDIY Sabre + E11, but certainly nothing to be ashamed of at all. Perhaps even closer to neutral, though not as detailed and dynamic; less bass overall. Not at all a bad sound.

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #81 of 266
Quote:
Got it solved!

The volume does go a bit louder now; not startlingly so, but noticeable. The overall SQ does seem to have improved. Treble seems a bit less dull (though still not crisp, this phone has a warmish tone), giving female vocals a bit more clarity and emotion, a slightly airier sound. My HD439 can go louder now without sounding distorted, and sound very nice. Great match with the TF10, too. Still can't do my DT770 LEs justice without the E11, but with it, they are actually very nice. Still not quite as dynamic and full-sounding as with my HiFiMeDIY Sabre + E11, but certainly nothing to be ashamed of at all. Perhaps even closer to neutral, though not as detailed and dynamic; less bass overall. Not at all a bad sound.

Thanks for your feedback. Can we now consider Nexus 4 as a primary source if its with IEMs?

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #82 of 266
I'd say yes, absolutely. My TF10s sound nicely balanced, no extra bass but goes pretty far down, and are at a medium-loud listening volume at half volume, -7 gain. Really liking the synergy with TF10. Bass is plentiful but not out of place and has deep grunt that I don't always get with the TF10s, without sacrificing midrange.

Right now listening to Funchameleon by Infected Mushroom...very nice.
Quote:

Thanks for your feedback. Can we now consider Nexus 4 as a primary source if its with IEMs?

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #84 of 266
Yeah the SQ was already half decent, but now it has more volume, better dynamics, and a more open sound. I don't have my Infuse ATM to compare but I will when I get it back from repair.
Great. I think then we can compare Nexus 4+Faux easily with iPhone 4s or Voodoo'ed Nexus S/Galaxy S/Infuse

Mar 21, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #85 of 266
Hi, 

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the voice level output on InEars while on the telephone. I put my device's volume to the lowest level. But still when I'm speaking with someone it is way too loud on my IEM (UE900) and I can't adjust the volume via the remote. I there probably a setting, where i can turn the volume down further?

Greetings, KoRnasteniker

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #86 of 266
Weird, I only have problems with my N4 not being loud enough...
Hi, 

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the voice level output on InEars while on the telephone. I put my device's volume to the lowest level. But still when I'm speaking with someone it is way too loud on my IEM (UE900) and I can't adjust the volume via the remote. I there probably a setting, where i can turn the volume down further?

Greetings, KoRnasteniker

May 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #89 of 266
Found the Nexus 4 to have superior separation, body and weight to the mids, and slighter better bass definition and control. Was going to sell the Touch anyway but this cements it.

If the Nexus 4 had a larger capacity battery, greater storage space and a better camera it would be perfect. Google take note

May 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #90 of 266
Now you just need to root, install a custom kernel, and get Faux Sound, the voodoo sound equivalent of the N4's chipset, so you can control the amp gain and digital volume separately. I think you'll find it removes some grain from the sound and slightly improves bass extension.
Found the Nexus 4 to have superior separation, body and weight to the mids, and slighter better bass definition and control. Was going to sell the Touch anyway but this cements it.

If the Nexus 4 had a larger capacity battery, greater storage space and a better camera it would be perfect. Google take note

Users who are viewing this thread

Back