Good under $200 on-ear headphones?
Jun 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kepler

New Head-Fier
So as of now I have the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7b which I use every day, but I'm starting to get tired from wearing it for hours. The noise canceling is good, but I also use in-ear earphones which in my opinion provide enough isolation without noise canceling. The ANC7b just isn't that good, and I don't like how the sound leaks as if it were an open-back headphone even though it is a closed back design. I've been looking at many forums and looking for a good pair of headphones but people don't compare anything to the ANC7b so any suggestions would be appreciated. Anything on-ear headphones under $200 or maybe just a little over $200 would be perfect.Thanks in advance.

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 7
On-ear (supraaural) phones for around $200.

Senn HD25
Vmoda M80
Aiaiai TMA -1
ATH ESW9

I think these are the most common ones on Head-fi, a good place to start.

If you're looking for over ear (circumaural), there are a lot more options.

Cheers,

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 7
Vmoda M80 and ATH-M50 are ones I see get mentioned a lot here. Definitely look into those.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Thank you for all the replies. :D

Aren't the M50s around the ear headphones? I heard that they have good quality but never checked it out because I always thought they were around the ear headphones.

The M80 and HD25 were good but when I tried them on the cushions felt really uncomfortable and I don't think I'd be able to wear them for a long time. I never tried the TMA-1 or the ESW9 but do they have soft, comfortable earpads? If they do then they could be an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back