Good second DIY project?
Aug 28, 2005 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

MIKEp

100+ Head-Fier
I just finished making my CMOY it was my first ever DIY project and I wan't to build something else. Can someone reccomend a good second DIY project. It doesn't have to be a headphone amp but it shouldn't be extremely difficult. My CMOY was made on a rat-shack board and was very annoying because of that. I would like to make one where i can order the pcb off a website.

any suggestions
blink.gif
this stuff is addicting

Aug 28, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 15
build a portable pimeta. not pricey. not too difficult to build and you can have a hell of portable amp at the end of the process
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 15
well what else do you need/use?

the chipamp gainclones would be a good but not too pricey step in a different direction...........

Aug 28, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #9 of 15
are there any sites with good millet hybrid information, step by step instruction if possibe.

I like the tangentsoft instructions, are there any like this for the millet hybrid(part lists, assembly)

Aug 29, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #14 of 15
You could try a DIY DAC as well.

Aug 29, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #15 of 15
I think I will buid a primeta next, possibly with a power supply. I think the DAC looks too complicated, if someone could give me a good site with part lists and building instructions I might consider it for connecting my dvd player to my stereo.

Would a DAC give any better sound coming from a dvd player's optical out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back