Good quality headphones for under $50
Jan 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mgr1397

New Head-Fier
Since it was boxing day this week I picked up a pair of HD439s from future shop for 50$. Do you guys think there is a better choice around the same price range? I'm not a crazy music fanatic but would like to get a nice pair of headphones for home use

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #2 of 9
I am sure there are always better choices out there but what is it that you do not like the HD-439?

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 9
Just wondering if there are any better headphones for my type of music for around the same value.

Don't get me wrong these headphones sound amazing for drum n bass. I love the sound quality for my first pair of headphones.

Just looking for second opinions that's all:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 9
HD-439 is open back and generally open back is more natural sounding, closed back has their own advantages also. Maybe can try to eye for a closed back this time so when you need noise isolation you have an option. :)

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 9
There's a big difference between "better" and "different" - the creeping second-guessing does no good though, you'll just spin your wheels in the mud and spend a lot of money to do it. If you're happy with what you have, great! :)

That said, three pairs of cans that I really enjoy under $50 are the Koss Ruk50, R/80, and KTX-Pro. Whether or not these are better or worse for you, depends on you.

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
the 439 is a closed one!

Nice! I always thought 4xx were closed back. How is 449 comparing to 439 and how well do they isolate sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back