Good portable iem for a decent price...
Jan 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nachash

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, currently I'm with a pair of MC5... they're really uncomofrtable, because of my very little ears... anyway. I listen mainly to Rock/Metal, I'm gonna wear them in gym (so i need a good isolation and absolutely no microphonics, i hate that on the mc5)
I preefer a pair available in europe, maybe some sennheiser? 100€ max, but less is best if still i can get something good enough.

Thanks.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 8
Too much bass for the s4... maybe i can get something better since they're still around 60€.

Also, i prefer to avoid all kind of Chinese iem since they're pretty bad builded... bad experience.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Sunrise Audio is in Vietnam, but distributes all over the world.

Here's a ebay.uk link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sunrise-SW-Xcape-In-ear-Headphones-Dispatched-UK-/320615861512

Yes, they are good.  Not that much different sounding than the MC5, but a bit clearer and a bit more low end body, and better microphonics than the MC5.  Should be fine for the gym if the smaller tips fit your ear snuggly.

Another option to consider is the Ety HF5 -- but it is a bit more expensive.  It is better than the MC5 (much!) and the SW-Xcape (a good bit).  Put some Shure SMALL black foam ("Olives") tips on them and they sound perfect, fit snuggly in my small ear canals and isolate tons.

Feb 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #6 of 8
the ebay uk link is updated here .

Quote:
Sunrise Audio is in Vietnam, but distributes all over the world.

Here's a ebay.uk link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sunrise-SW-Xcape-In-ear-Headphones-Dispatched-UK-/320615861512

Yes, they are good.  Not that much different sounding than the MC5, but a bit clearer and a bit more low end body, and better microphonics than the MC5.  Should be fine for the gym if the smaller tips fit your ear snuggly.

Another option to consider is the Ety HF5 -- but it is a bit more expensive.  It is better than the MC5 (much!) and the SW-Xcape (a good bit).  Put some Shure SMALL black foam ("Olives") tips on them and they sound perfect, fit snuggly in my small ear canals and isolate tons.

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #8 of 8
Try SoundMagic (China). They are great for money.
Now i have PL12, they are very good with iTouch and new Shuffle.
For Gym you can throw the cord over the ears = less microphonics.
They are good for rock/metall (and very very great for their money)

Or just try another earphones with over ear cable seal, for less/no microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back