Good place to buy an M50?
Oct 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

idvsego

100+ Head-Fier
I want to A/B/C them with a set of Sennheiser 428s and my klipsch S4 so I need a good return policy just in case.  I like the 428s but the bass isnt quite enough.  I am trying to find something that I don't have to excessively alter my EQ when I switch between the cans and my IEMs.  The 428s sounds really good but I do have to adjust my lower frequencies.  I tried a set of xb500s but they were too much bass and I had to radically adjust the eq between sets to be close to satisfied.  Anyway, thats all beside the point.  I just need to find a place that will let me return with minimal expense if I dont like them as well as the 428s.  My local Guitar Center has the m50 but they are $150 and I wont pay that much for them.  I dont want to buy something KNOWING I will be returning them.  That seems a little inconsiderate and shady.

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 2
these graphs do a pretty good job of displaying what I found and what I hope to find with the m50...

Sony XB500 vs S4

These had the bass but put everything else in the back seat. I had to EQ the 120hz range way down to keep stuff from running together. The upper frequencies had to be brought up to try and event hem out. way too many adjustments needed. fun set of phones though and I may get them for fulltime use on my PC.

Sennheiser HD428 vs S4

graphCompare.php

Love the overall sound of these but obviously the bass is a drop off. pretty easy adjustment though, I just blast the last two sliders and I am good to go...knd of. Even with the bass EQed up it is still weaker than my S4.

Audio technica m50 vs S4

graphCompare.php

Dont have thee yet but I have some hope for them. When I plot them to the hd428 the graphs look similair but with more bass, yet under the overpowering xb500.

M50 vs HD428 vs XB500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back