Good isolation for the gym...
Sep 1, 2010 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Nachash

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i need a good isolating iem for the gym... the volume there is way too much with a pair of she9800 (very poor isolation), however... i don't wanna spend too much in iems, max 60$. What do you suggest me?

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 11
Meelectronics M11+ for fit+isolation+build quality at around $60. However, I would also strongly consider the H2O Audio Surge, which are waterproof/sweatproof and come with hard rubber earcushions which give a surprisingly secure fit. They isolate a bit less than M11s but still very well for a shallow-insertion design.

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 11
Heres one from HeadRoom.  Not the best isolation, but the price is right and it should sound great in this application.

Denon IEM

If your willing to stretch the budget, the MC5 would be way better at isolation and sound quality.

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Meelectronics M11+ for fit+isolation+build quality at around $60. However, I would also strongly consider the H2O Audio Surge, which are waterproof/sweatproof and come with hard rubber earcushions which give a surprisingly secure fit. They isolate a bit less than M11s but still very well for a shallow-insertion design.

I'm interested in the M11 (what about the "P" version?), but is it me or they seems very hard to find in europe?

from 60$ to 60€ and even 60£. Something cheaper?

Sep 1, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 11
Also realize that in terms of tips... whatever IEM you get, the tips will also contribute greatly to the isolation.
Foam and firm silicone will isolate better than thin soft flanged tips. Shure Olives and Comply's give me the best isolation.

shane

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
I'm interested in the M11 (what about the "P" version?), but is it me or they seems very hard to find in europe?

The -P versions of Meelec's earphones have iPhone mics and cost a bit more. Meelec ships internationally but then you'll definitely be paying the full retail price + shipping. The old M11 or M11P will be cheaper if you can find a place that ships internationally. Physically it is identical to the M11+ but the drivers are older.

My other pick for isolation would be the Klipsch S2. $30 here in the US but probably much more in Europe ><. You can also grab an ECCI PR100 or PR200 off ebay. The nozzles are long and the fit can be quite deep if you have the ears for it.

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Quote:

The -P versions of Meelec's earphones have iPhone mics and cost a bit more. Meelec ships internationally but then you'll definitely be paying the full retail price + shipping. The old M11 or M11P will be cheaper if you can find a place that ships internationally. Physically it is identical to the M11+ but the drivers are older.

My other pick for isolation would be the Klipsch S2. $30 here in the US but probably much more in Europe ><. You can also grab an ECCI PR100 or PR200 off ebay. The nozzles are long and the fit can be quite deep if you have the ears for it.

yep, 53$ [42€]+ shipping for the S2...

There are tons of Pr200 at 20€ on ebay, which is good.. i think that i'm gonna read your review ^^

I'm worried about the microphonics...

Sep 4, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #10 of 11
You'd probably want to wear them cord-up due to microphonics and the isolation is only good as good as the PR200 if you use dual-flange tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back